Welcome to the Office of the Dean
Committed to Student Success!
The mission of Academic Success division is to promote student success by providing quality support services, resources and programs that aid the transition of students to college and support the successful retention of students throughout their enrollment at the college. The dean's office works to: develop, coordinate and promote the programs and services of the Library, the Academic Success Center the TRiO Student Support Services, and the Educational Technology Resource Center; seek and continuously develop quality personnel to effectively deliver programs and services; assess the effectiveness of all programs and services for student success. Collectively, and in collaboration with members of the Triton College community, the Division of Academic Success supports the success of Triton's highly diverse community of traditional and non-traditional life-long learners.
Major Goals 2011-2012
- Facilitate a culture of evidence through comprehensive assessment of the services offered in the Division of Academic Success and ensure quality programming and delivery of services to the Triton College community that promote student success.
- Continue to develop highly diverse, cutting edge programming and increase the effectiveness and availability of resources and services offered within the division that support student success.
- Enhance the opportunities for student success by expanding support systems for students enrolled in instructional programs delivered through technology and instructional programs enhanced with technology.
- Enhance the physical environment within the area of the Division of Academic Success to support student success.
- Continue to seek and utilize external funding to increase resources and enhance services and programs that support students success.
Click here to see the Dean's Blog.
- Deborah Baness King, Ph.D.
Dean, Academic Success
Phone: (708) 456.0300 Ext. 3414
- Claire Basile
Secretary II, Learning Resource Center
Phone: (708) 456.0300 Ext. 3464