HIA E25 - Wedding Planning
Course Description: Do you have an eye for detail and design? Do you like to organize and plan for parties and events? If so, this is the class for you. A wedding planner has a very important role in the planning of a couple's special day, there is much to learn in the way of planning, budgets, working with vendors, contracts, revenue channels, not to mention keeping up with the latest trends in bridal fashion, color choices and wedding design. This is a course designed for students looking to get started in the glamorous and exciting wedding industry. This class covers everything a wedding planner needs to know, including contracts, etiquette, flowers, music, day of services, marketing, industry business practices and application. This program will provide students with all of the tools necessary to become a professional wedding planner.
Dates: Wednesdays, January 11, 2014 - May 14, 2014
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Room: Off Campus Elmwood Park H.S. (Extension Site)
Job Outlook/Salary Expectation
The outlook for Wedding Planners is excellent. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, employment of Wedding Planners is projected to increase by 20 percent between 2009 and 2016, a rate faster than the national average for all professions. Wedding Planners typically earn 10 to 15 percent of the overall cost of the wedding, which places their earnings at roughly $1,900 to $2,850 per wedding, according to an article at www.iVillage.com.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
• Discuss the History of the Wedding Industry
• Define the Role of the Wedding Planner
• Identify the correct Business Structure for a Wedding Planning Business
• Explain the Various Types of Documentation used in Wedding Planning
• Evaluate Potential Vendors
• Support and Educate the Client
• Differentiate between Traditional and Nontraditional Ceremonies.
• Distinguish between Different Bridal Gown and Veil Designs.
• Assemble appropriate music selections
• Organize and execute participation in a bridal show
• And Much More!
To register for this class call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3500.
Questions? Drop us an e-mail by clicking HERE or calling (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3500.