HIA E25 - Wedding/Event Planning
Course Description: Do you have an eye for detail and design? Do you like to organize and plan for parties and events? If so, this is the class for you. A wedding and event planner has a very important role in the planning of a special day. There is much to learn in the way of planning, budgets, working with vendors, contracts, revenue channels, not to mention keeping up with the latest trends in fashion, color choices and even wedding design. This is a course designed for students looking to get started in the glamorous and exciting event and wedding industry. This class covers everything an event and wedding planner needs to know, including contracts, etiquette, flowers, music, day of services, marketing, industry business practices and application. This program will provide students with all of the tools necessary to become a professional event and wedding planner.
Job Outlook/Salary Expectation
The outlook for Event & Wedding Planners is excellent. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, employment of Wedding Planners is projected to increase by 20 percent between 2009 and 2016, a rate faster than the national average for all professions.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
• Discuss the History of the Wedding Industry
• Define the Role of the Wedding Planner vs Event Planner
• Identify the correct Business Structure for an Event
• Explain the Various Types of Documentation used in Wedding Planning
• Evaluate Potential Vendors
• Support and Educate the Client
• Differentiate between Traditional and Nontraditional Ceremonies
• Distinguish between Different Bridal Gown and Veil Designs
• Assemble appropriate music selections
• Organize and execute participation in a bridal show
• And Much More!
Tuition: $900.00 (books included)
Payment plans available for this certificate.
Spring 2017 Schedule:
HIA E25 301
February 6th - April 3rd
Monday and Wednesday Evenings : 6:00-8:55p.m
To register for this class call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3500
Click the Information Session button below to attend our Free information session!
Thursday, Jan. 26, 2017 at 6 p.m.
"A" Building Room 122-A
Questions? Drop us an e-mail by clicking HERE or calling (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3500.