EMS E31 - Medicar Driver/Attendant Training
Course Description: Prepares students to become certified medicar operators and attendants. Topics including proper loading and securing techniques, vehicle lift operation, legal documentation and compliance. An emphasis on patient care during transport including a general overview of disabilities, first aid review, escort priorities and special transport considerations will be included. At the conclusion of this course students will sit for the NEMT Driver/Attendant-Certification-D/A-01 examination.
The training program, offered through a partnership with Medicar Safety, is designed to target primary instructional areas of non-emergency transport requirements. Working from a text manual, participants will also experience visual reinforcement with actual training examples demonstrated through a step by step video presentation.
Medicar Safety's video productions are specialized and focused on all aspects of safety related issues and client care factors. Participants in the program can expect to observe and learn the following through this presentation:
• Proper Vehicle Pre-Trip Inspection
• Understanding Vehicle Safety Operational Factors
• Patient Transport Care Related Elements.
• Understanding Different Disability factors
• Learning Security Lock Down Methods
• Comprehending Miscellaneous Transport Factors
• Privacy & Patient Custody Issues
• Staff Development Guidance.
Training Program Overview
The Medicar Safety Training program utilizes the Medicar Safety Workbook, in conjunction with an all-inclusive demonstration video presentation which covers the following subject matters in its comprehensive premier training agenda.
Chapter (1) - Vehicle Equipment
• Seat Belts - Lift System
• Wheelchair Restraints System - Soft Restraint System
• Ambulatory Assist. Step - Legal Compliance Documents
• Auxiliary Vehicle Equipment - Vehicle Operational Equipment
• Vehicle Emergency & Response Procedures
• Vehicle Breakdown Response Procedures
Chapter (2) - Patient Car
• Vision Disabilities - Hearing Disabilities
• Mental Impairment Disabilities - Temporary Disabilities vs. Permanent Disabilities
• Wheelchair Management - Motorized
• Wheelchairs & Personal Mobility Devices
• Wheelchair Client Transfers - Miscellaneous Transport Demands
• Child Transport Restraint Protocol
• First Aid Kit Applications
• Spill Kit Protocol
• Escort Priorities - Designated vs. Family
Chapter (3) - Staff Development
• Custody Transfers / Transporter/Client Interaction
• Transporter/Medical Staff Interaction / Transporter/Escort Interaction
• CPR Training
For more information or to register contact us at 708-456-0300 ext 3500 or send us an email by clicking here.