Center for Health Professionals
Date: Thursday, January 22, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Click HERE to complete an INFORMATION SESSION REGISTRATION FORM for this program (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).
The student learns to function as a dialysis technician with proficient clinical skills with a basic understanding of general knowledge in the field of nephrology care. Upon completion of the course the student is prepared to take the certification examination to be a certified dialysis technician.
One year of medical experience as a nursing assistant, medical assistant, EMT or other work-related experience in the medical field with a basic knowledge of medical terminology and basic math skills who can fluently speak/write the English language.
Overall Learning Goals: The student will learn basic patient care related to the nephrology patient, machine technology, water treatment, dialyzer reprocessing and educational development. The student will learn to give safe and competent nephrology care.
Learning Objectives: At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles of dialysis and skills necessary to give safe and effective care to the individual undergoing hemodialysis treatments.
- Demonstrate the use of hemodialysis equipment with an understanding of the process of operating dialysis equipment and alternate dialysis procedures.
- Function as a dialysis technician under the supervision of the registered nurse or physician in a dialysis facility that provides dialysis treatment to the individual diagnosed with acute or chronic kidney disease.
- Assess the patient for any complications with an understanding of the problem and recognize the need to report the complications to a registered nurse or physician.
- Respond effectively to the physical and emotional needs of the patient undergoing dialysis treatment.
Certification Exam: Upon completion of the Dialysis Technician Program, students are able to be certified through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission. Website: http://www.nncc-exam.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/NNCCMain.woa/wa/viewSection?s_id=1073744578
For Program Entry Requirements, please click HERE.
Click HERE for payment plan options.
call, Christina Barrera at (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3285.