Records Department Banner


Students wishing to receive transfer credit must submit a general petition to the Records Office, Room B220. Evaluations will be processed only if the student is currently enrolled in a program of study and has started their first semester of enrollment. The student must also have a complete file, which consists of a Triton application, official high school or GED transcript, and official college and/or military transcripts.

Students who are seeking academic credit for courses completed at other institutions or through prior learning assessment must be currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program. Students must adhere to the Triton College residency requirements for graduation with a degree or certificate. To meet the residency requirements, students must complete 15 of the last 18 credit hours for a degree and 50% of the credit hours for a certificate, including the last 6 credit hours. Only those credits that are applicable to the student’s curriculum at Triton College will be accepted.
Academic credit is generally accepted only from institutions that are accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations approved by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation. All foreign/non-English transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES member. A complete list of NACES members can be found here.
Prerequisites and/or remedial courses are not transferable. Prerequisite credit and course substitutions must be approved through the Department Chairperson and Dean.

Please allow four to six weeks for evaluation of transfer credit. A completed evaluation sheet will be sent to the student via mail.