English as a Second Language (ESL)
English as a Second Language (ESL) courses are designed to help non-native English speakers develop reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
There are 6 levels of ESL instruction, from very basic to advanced.
Classes are offered in either a 15 week session or 7 week session.
15 week classes meet twice a week for three hours each day.
7 week classes meet twice a week for two hours each day.
Morning classes start at 9:00 a.m.
Evening classes start at 6:30 p.m.
Classes will meet either Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday.
Free citizenship classes are also offered.
Requirement to Enroll:
- Must be an Illinois Resident
- Must have a picture ID
- Must be at least 16 years old and not enrolled in high school
Steps to Enroll:
- Come to the Adult Education office located in the A-Building, Room A203
- Fill out intake form with picture ID
- Sign up for placement test to determine correct level placement
Classes are not intended for individuals on temporary Visas.
For more information please call 708-456-0300, ext. 3259 or 3513.