Illinois High School Completion Program
(formerly known as GED® classes)
High School Completion program (formerly GED®) courses are designed to prepare students to successfully complete the high school equivalency examinations, including the 2014 GED® www.gedtestingservice.com and HiSet®
These programs are designed to assist adults who do not have a high school diploma and wish to develop basic skills or prepare them to take the high school equivalency exams.
Classes are held in the morning and evening. High School equivalency courses are offered in Spanish or English.
Constitution review classes and exam are also offered on Saturdays.
We offer keyboarding classes for students who wish to develop basic computer skills and prepare to take the computer-based high school equivalency exams. Classes are offered throughout the year on Saturdays and taught in English and Spanish. Please ask us for the most current schedule.
Written Communication Courses for Non-Native English Speakers
Our writing communication classes for non-native speakers help prepare you for college writing courses and improve your writing skills. Students who have completed the English Language Acquisition (ELA, formerly ESL) or tested out of the ELA program and take a reading comprehension placement test are eligible to register.
We offer two levels of writing transitions courses:
- E65 Basic Written Communication Skills for Non-native English Speakers: This course exposes students to the requirements of the English composing process, developing ideas, editing, proofreading and writing a full length paragraph.
- E66 Written Communication Skills for Non-native English Speakers: This course explores the English composing process by helping develop ideas, edit, proofread written work and write full-length paragraphs and essays.
Requirements to Enroll:
Steps to Enroll:
- Must be an Illinois Resident
- Must have a Picture ID
- Must be at least 16 Years Old
- Students under 18 must submit official withdrawal letter from last High School attended
Classes are not intended for individuals on temporary Visas.
- Come to the Adult Education Office located in the A Building, Room 203
- Sign up to participate in an Information Session
- Register to take a placement test
- Meet with a Student Success Strategist to review your placement and pick up your class schedule
For more information, please call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3513 or Ext. 3259.