Orientation Center FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of new student orientation?
- The purpose of new student orientation is to introduce students to Triton College and the resources available to support student success. Included are presentations on financial aid, student life, online services, academic success, and much more.
Do I need to attend new student orientation?
- New student orientation is required for all new degree- or certificate- seeking students. You should complete orientation prior to registering for your courses.
Where will the orientation be held?
- All orientation sessions will be held in the Student Center, Room B204.
Will I have a chance to meet my counselor?
- Counselors will be available to assist you during the orientation session. You will also be given contact information for all of our counselors and their assigned majors.
When can I register for classes?
- You may register for classes during your orientation session. We strongly recommend that you wait until you have completed the orientation program before selecting classes for the upcoming semester.
When is my tuition due?
- The tuition dates vary based on the semester of attendance and the time of registration. In general, tuition due dates follow the pattern below.
- Fall—Early August
- Spring—Early January
- Summer—Early May
Will I have a campus tour?
- You may have a campus tour at the end of the orientation session or schedule one by contacting our Admissions Office at ext. 3832.
When should I take the placement test?
- You should take the placement test after you complete your application for admission, at least one week prior to the date of your orientation.
How long is orientation?
- Orientation sessions last approximately 2 ½ hours. During the orientation sessions, you will hear from various presenters about services offered at Triton and complete registration for the upcoming semester.
Can a relative or friend attend along with me?
- Currently, we only have space for incoming students. However, we do understand that family and friends are very important to the success of our students. We will offer separate programming for you.
Is there any fee for attending orientation?
- There is no registration fee. The program is FREE to all participants.
I missed my orientation date, what should I do now?
- If space is still available, you may sign up for another offering of Destination Success. You may also complete Destination Success Online if you are unable to attend an on-campus session. If you choose the online option, you will need to meet with a counselor later to schedule classes.
Can I receive assistance with completing financial aid forms at orientation?
- During new student orientation, our financial aid staff will be available to answer questions about the application process. However, if you need additional assistance, you are strongly encouraged to visit our Financial Aid Student Resource Center, located in B-216W.