The tuition rate is determined by the student's residence. Residence policy does not apply to international students on a visa. The student must meet the following criteria to be considered a resident of the district:
- Must have occupied a dwelling in the district for 30 days prior to the start of classes.
- Must provide a photo ID
- Must demonstrate district residency by providing at least two of the following documents:
- Illinois driver's license
- Automobile registration
- Property tax statement
- Lease or purchase agreement
- Utility or telephone bill
- Library card
- Other appropriate dated documentation
- Triton College mail is excluded
Out-of-district resident employed in-district
A student who resides outside of the Triton College district, but is employed by a company/organization within the district may qualify for in-district tuition rates when the following conditions are met:
For more information, contact the Chargeback Office (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3725.
- The student is not eligible for a chargeback (tuition assistance from their local community college).
- Written documentation must be submitted, including the contract training form which verifies employment and course work approved by the employer.
This form must be signed by an authorized agent of the company. All forms submitted by students are subject to verification by the college.
- The student must be employed at least 35 hours per week.
- The student must indicate whether the company will accept direct billing or if the student will pay at the time of registration.
A new contract training form must be submitted each semester, prior to the start of classes, to confirm eligibility status.