The Triton Career Services Center offers a variety of job search assistance, career resources, and access to information for individuals (students, graduates and community members) seeking to get better jobs, re-entering the workforce or choose a new career. Our staff is committed to helping you prepare for career options that match your individual skills, values, interests and goals.
There are a number of tools that can help with self-assessment. One that’s particularly good is called Career Cruising.
To access Career Cruising, go to www.careercruising.com and enter the following username and password.
User Name: triton2000
This is what Career Cruising can do for you:
Find the Right Career
- Find careers that match your interests using Career Matchmaker by going through an interactive survey and find out what careers match up with your interests. After answering questions, Career Matchmaker provides suggested career clusters or career pathways.
What else can Career Cruising do for you?
- Learn about hundreds of different careers – everything from accountant to zookeeper.
- Get the inside story on careers by checking out multimedia interviews with real people.
Explore Schools and Financial Aid
- Search for schools that offer the education and training needed.
Build Your Own Portfolio
- Keep track of your career exploration, activities and begin to develop your resume.
The Triton College Counseling Department works is an important in helping students become oriented to the college and campus, identify interests and skills to assist in selecting a major and a career choice, deal with personal concerns in a private and confidential setting and locate people or places on campus for special assistance.
To schedule an appointment with a counselor, call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3588, or come to the Student Center during walk-in counseling or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.