Career assessments are tools that can be used to help identify your interests and skills to assist in selecting a major and career choice. The results are meant to be used to help in the decision-making process. The results can also assist a career advisor on how best to guide you, so please feel free to bring the information with you when you meet with one.
There are a number of tools that can help with self-assessment. One that’s particularly good is called Career Cruising.
To access Career Cruising, go to www.careercruising.com and enter the following username and password.
This is what Career Cruising can do for you:
Find the right career
- Find careers that match your interests using Career Matchmaker by going through an interactive survey and find out what careers match up with your interests. After answering questions, Career Matchmaker provides suggested career clusters or career pathways.
- Learn about hundreds of different careers – everything from accountant to zookeeper.
- Get the inside story on careers by checking out multimedia interviews with real people.
Explore schools and financial aid
- Search for schools that offer the education and training needed.
Build your own portfolio
- Keep track of your career exploration, activities and begin to develop your resume.
Career Services | Room A-204 | (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3619