The Academic Success Center is a department of Division of Academic Success at Triton College. We have walk-in, group and individual tutoring at the center. The tutoring center is certified by College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). CRLA’s most vital function and overall purpose is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, methods, and information to improve student learning and to facilitate the professional growth of its members.
We provide free tutoring services for all Triton College students in: Accounting, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Certificate Programs, ESL, GED, Health Careers, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Reading, Sociology, Speech, Writing Skills and other courses offered at the college.
- Twice-daily ESL Conversation Tables. Just drop in and relax, listen, and talk.
- Regularly scheduled workshop presentations for
- Developmental Math Concepts
- English Language Basics and Review
- Personal Time Management
- Stress and Test-Taking Anxiety Management
- Nursing TEAS Test Overview
- Research Paper Skills
- Study Skills
- Special group tutoring sessions for math and science students
- In-class group tutoring, at the request of instructors
- Regularly scheduled weekly tutoring appointments, upon request
- For use in the ASC only: Biology and Chemistry models, calculators, math tools, reference and textbooks and solution manuals
- Computer access for interactive math instruction at many levels
- Passkey interactive instructional computer software access for reading, writing, and math.
- All-Write instructional computer software access for writing.
- Visual and audio enhancement equipment for the sight and hearing impaired available through CAAS.
- Access to medication dosage software for nursing available through ETRC.
- At the center, all our tutors are Level II CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association) certified.