Click Here to view Online Course Information!
- An Online Class - What's It Like?
- Does My Class Use BlackBoard?
- Basic Online Skills Preparation!
- Tips and Techniques to Help Ensure Success!
The Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC) supports the college curriculum and encourages effective learning by distributing and processing material to support all distance learning education. The ETRC staff provides learning materials and curriculum in a variety of formats, including video, audio, interactive laser disk, DVD and computer assisted programs. These services enhance or supplement Online/Blackboard courses. The center provides computer-based educational services to all Triton College students, faculty, community and staff. The ETRC is Triton's primary computer lab, with current technology and software.
The Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC) offers testing for the Mirosoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS) in the following applications, Microsoft word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. The Microsoft certification program recognizes individuals who have a certain level of mastery with Microsoft Office products and provides a framework for measuring end-user proficiency with Microsoft office applications. There are three levels of MOS certification Core, Expert and master. Each of these levels indicates a depth of proficiency with Microsoft office applications and can be attained by passing the appropriate Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exam. The test is available by signing up for course HUM-C08 through the Continuing Education Department; the cost for each test is $75.00 plus a registration fee of $5.00.
Finding and Getting Around Triton College:
Educational Technology Resource Center
Learning Resource Center (Room A-100)
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3361 or 3039
Fax: (708) 583-3792
A current semester Triton College photo ID is required for equipment use.
Fall Semester Lab Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 P.M.
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Fall Semester Video Viewing Hours
Monday -Thursday: 8:00 AM-7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00AM – 3:00PM
Questions about your online course? Click Here to go to the Triton Virtual Campus Web site and start your course
• Food and drink are not permitted in the ETRC.
• Cell phone use is not permitted in the ETRC.
For more about the ETRC, please click the links below.
- ETRC Services See a list of our services, software and equipment.
- Faculty Services Bay reservations in the Open Lab, reserve materials for your course and/or request the installation of textbook companion software.
- Contact the ETRC ETRC manager, and lab information including telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and location.