Broker Real Estate Sales License Renewals
If you were licensed as a salesperson on or before April 30, 2007:
• 12 Hours of CE is Required
• 6 Core/Mandatory Hours
• 6 Elective hours
If you were licensed as a Salesperson between May 1, 2007 and April 30, 2008:
• Six Hours of CE is Required
• Three Core/Mandatory Hours
• Three Elective Hours
If you were licensed as a Salesperson on or after May 1, 2008:
• No CE is Required
Broker CE Requirements for 2010 Renewal
If you were licensed as a Broker on or before 4/30/2008
• 18 Hours of Continuing Education Required: Six Core Credits + Six Elective Credits
• Six Hours Broker Management
If you are a Broker previously Licensed as a Salesperson
• 18 Hours of Continuing Education Required: Six Core + Six Elective Credits AND
• Six Hours Broker Management due within 180 Days of Licensure
Licensed as a Broker Between 5/1/2008 and 4/30/2009. IF NOT PREVIOUSLY LICENSED AS A SALESPERSON
• 12 Hours of Continuing Education Required: Three Core Credits + Three Elective Credits AND
• Six Hours Broker Management due within 180 days of licensure.
Licensed as a Broker on or after 5/1/2009 AND NOT PREVIOUSLY LICENSED AS A SALESPERSON
• Six Hours of Broker Management due within 180 days of Licensure
- Continuing Education must have been completed during the renewal period of 5/1/2008 through 4/30/2010.
- The additional six hours of broker management continuing education should be earned between 5/1/08 and 4/30/2010.
- Continuing Education credit for broker courses may apply if the courses are dually licensed. IAR courses are dually licensed and include credit according to the following:
• Brokerage Administration – Three Hours Core
• Advanced Principles 2000 – Three Hours Core
• Contracts – Three Hours Core
• Sales & Brokerage – Three Hours Elective
• Appraisal – Three Hours Elective
• Finance – Three Hours Elective
• Principles Review – NO CE CREDIT
- If the broker courses were taken BEFORE 5/1/09 and used as CE credit for the salesperson’s renewal, they cannot be used as credit towards broker’s renewal. Continuing Education earned for IDFPR disciplinary purposes may not be used towards CE renewal.
- Licensees must retain all original certification of completion for their files. They are evidence of satisfactory completion of Continuing Education credit in case of an audit.