Step One: Find Yourself... and Your New Career
The job search process begins with an identification of your values, interests, skills, accomplishments, experience and goals. Whether you’re entering the job market for the first time or you’ve decided to change fields after years and years of hard work, you need to get a sense of what you are good at, what your interests are, and, as necessary, where you can receive the training to be an effective and happy employee.
There are a number of tools that can help with self-assessment. One that’s particularly good is called Career Cruising.
To access Career Cruising, go to www.careercruising.com and enter the following username and password.
User Name: triton2000
This is what Career Cruising can do for you:
Find the Right Career
- Find careers that match your interests using Career Matchmaker by going through an interactive survey and find out what careers match up with your interests. After answering questions, Career Matchmaker provides suggested career clusters or career pathways.
What else can Career Cruising do for you?
- Learn about hundreds of different careers – everything from accountant to zookeeper.
- Get the inside story on careers by checking out multimedia interviews with real people.
- Explore Schools and Financial Aid
- Search for schools that offer the education and training needed.
Build Your Own Portfolio
- Keep track of your career exploration, activities and begin to develop your resume.
Career Services | Room A-204 | (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3619
Email: email@example.com | Mon.-Thurs. 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m., Fri. 8 a.m.-4 p.m.