The Education curriculum at Triton College provides students with the opportunity to develop a comprehensive overview of the field of education. At Triton College, students can meet most of the general education requirements for Illinois State Teacher Certification and some of the professional education requirements for certification. The specific type of teaching certification the student is seeking will determine which courses should be completed.
To learn more about careers in education and to plan a program of study, including identifying the teacher preparation program of interest, students are advised to contact Kathy Cunningham, counselor for education.
Students who intend to transfer are advised to complete the foreign language courses required by their intended transfer institution, college within a university, and/or major, prior to transferring.
• Early Childhood Education Degree (Associate in Applied Science - C220A)
• Early Childhood Education Degree (Associate in Arts Teaching - U213E)
• Education Degree (Associate in Arts - U224A13)
• Paraprofessional Educator Associate Degree (Associate in Applied Science Degree - C220B)
• Secondary Mathematics Degree (Associate in Applied Science Degree - U213M)
• Secondary Science Degree (Associate in Applied Science Degree - U213S)
• Special Education Degree (Associate in Applied Science Degree - U213P)
• Early Childhood Administration & Management Certificate - C520A
• Early Childhood Education Certificate - C320A
• Early Childhood Education - Infant/Toddler Care Certificate - C420B
• Child Development CDA Preparation Certificate - C420C
• Teacher Aide Certificate - C320C
• Education Courses
• Early Childhood Education Courses
Liberal Arts and Sciences Building Room E-317
(708) 456-0300 Ext. 3022
Mary Ann Olson
(708) 456-0300 Ext. 3762
(708) 456-0300 Ext. 3631