Job Openings Posted with Career Services
In addition to the weekly job bulletin, which is available in book form in the Career Services office, all jobs are posted online at www.CollegeCentral.com/Triton. So try searching for jobs online. It's free, easy, and you can access it anywhere. When you register and use College Central, you will have access to employment listings posted by Triton College Career Services Center as well as job postings submitted to the site by 11 other community college career centers in Illinois. This means hundreds of more job opportunities for you to choose from!
You can also post your resume in College Central for employers to review and consider you for job opportunities.
- Go to: www.collegecentral.com/triton
- Select the “Student,” “Alumni,” or “Community Member” icon, and read the information and announcements on the next page
- Go to the “Register” Now link
- Create an “Access ID” and a “Password” that you will remember (Do not use your Social Security number.)
- Click "Continue Registration"
REGISTRATION ENTRY - Please complete all requested information on the registration form. Employers will search this information to choose candidates, so be as thorough as possible.
- Be sure to select the degree and major and/or career interest that you are pursuing so that the Job Agent can notify you of jobs posted that match your interests.
JOB SEARCH - From your homepage, select “Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School,” enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then click Begin Search. You may also Search for Jobs in CCN’s Jobs Central, our national job database.
- Note: It’s better to use a couple of search terms instead of many. When conducting a job search using CCN, by selecting several search criteria you are narrowing your search and therefore generating fewer job leads.
- To monitor your job search, select “View My Job Search History” from your homepage.
- From your homepage, complete the “Report Offers/Hires” when you are offered a job.
- Review the “Career Advice Video Library to get additional job search tips and company information.
RESUME ENTRY - It is important to post your resume. Recruiters regularly review resumes posted on the College Central Network.
- On your homepage, select “Upload a Resume” and follow the instructions. Acceptable formats are listed. If you do not post a resume, employers will not be able to find you when they search for candidates and you may miss out on job opportunities.
- When a new resume is uploaded it takes the place of the current resume. Resumes that have not been updated in 18 months will be purged from the database.
SETTINGS - Choose the Headlines categories that are of interest to you. You can visit the website 24/7. To login, after selecting the Student icon from the homepage, select Student Central on the next screen. Enter your Access ID and Password. It is important to keep your info updated.
To schedule an appointment with a counselor, call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3588, or come to the Student Center during walk-in counseling or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.