New Student Next Steps
Step 1: Complete an Admissions Application
Triton’s Step-by-Step Enrollment Process
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid (if desired)
- Visit Triton’s website to complete our fast and free online application.
- Download the application form: U.S. or International. Print the application and mail it to the Admission Office.
- Pick up an application in the Admission Office, located in Room B-216E, or at the Welcome Desk in the Student Center (B Building)
- Call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3130 and we will mail an application to you.
- Note that you should receive an acceptance packet within 7-10 days after submitting your application.
Step 3: Submit Official Transcripts and Documents
- Many students seek outside funding to help pay for school with Financial Aid. Apply online at www.fafsa.gov and be certain to enter Triton’s school code: 001773. Begin as early as possible after January 1st to maximize your aid opportunities. Learn more at www.fafsa.gov.
Step 4: Take Placement Exams
- All documents should be dropped off in the Admissions and Records Office, Room B-216E or mailed from your school. You may also submit official college transcripts and ACT scores, if applicable, to be evaluated. Contact Admissions to request evaluation.
Step 5: Complete New Student Orientation, Destination Success
- Testing is mandatory for all new students enrolling in credit courses. Certain ACT scores (at least a 23 on math and a 20 on English/Reading) can exempt you from placement testing. Also, prior college level courses taken with a “C” or better may exempt you. Prepare at for the placement test with our online resources.
Step 6: Register for Classes
- This mandatory step can be completed online, but it is encouraged you come to an in-person session. Visit www.triton.edu/destinationsuccess for more information and available sessions.
Step 7: Make Payment Arrangements
- Classes fill quickly, so it is important to register early for the best selection of courses and class meeting times. If you completed orientation online, you must meet with a counselor to register for class. Otherwise, you have the option of registering online via MyTriton Portal, at our Welcome Center or over the phone by calling (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3130.
- Tuition payments can be made in full by cash, money order, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express) at the Cashier’s Office (Room A-202) or in the main hall of the Student Center.
- You can pay in full, enroll in FACTS Tuition Payment Plan or FACTS Deferred Payment Plan.
- Your tuition payment is due within two days (48 hours) of the date that you register.
Click here for more information on payment plans and options.
If you are unable to make payment or setup a payment plan, your classes will be dropped and you will have to register again.
For further assistance with your enrollment process, call
Please Note: Throughout the process, log on to your student portal, MyTriton Portal, for more information:
tuition and fees • financial aid status • placement test scores • class schedules • college catalog • online orientation