Cernan Center scares up friendly fright with laser show
Boys and "ghouls" of all ages are sure to scream in delight over the Cernan Earth and Space Center's special Halloween laser show on Triton College's campus.
The Fright Light Laser Show, shown at 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 26, features an array of music and images related to Halloween. The song list includes:
- "Monster Mash" - Bobby "Boris" Picket
- "Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker Jr.
- "Spirits in the Material World" - Police
- "Purple People Eater" - Sheb Wooley
- "Goblins" - Tangerine Dream
- "B.B.Q. of the Gods" - Wagner
- Theme from "Mission Impossible" - Lalo Schifrin
- "Monster Party (Tubular Bells)" - Book of Love
- "Headless" - Joe Satriani
- "The Addams Family" - Vic Mizzy
- Theme from "The Twilight Zone"
- And a host of songs by They Might Be Giants, including:
- "Turned Around Found the Thing"
- "Dig My Grave"
- "Who's That Standing"
- "New Friend Underneath My Pillow"
- "Hypnotist of Ladies"
- "Something Grabbed my Hand"
- "Hall of Heads"
- "Turn Around"
The laser show is suitable for all ages. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children and senior citizens. Children under age 2 and Triton College students with a current semester ID are free.
The show schedule is subject to change. Please call the Program Line at (708) 583-3100 for up-to-the-minute information before attending a show.
Visit the Cernan Center's website at www.triton.edu/cernan or shop its Yahoo! Store at http://store.cernanstore.com/.
Located on the campus of Triton College in River Grove, Ill., the Cernan Earth and Space Center houses a 100-seat dome theater, featuring star-filled planetarium shows, wraparound films, children's shows and laser light shows, along with a Space Hall and Star Store gift shop. The center is open seven days a week.