Police Dispatcher - Part Time
The TRITON COLLEGE POLICE DEPARTMENT accepts applications on an on-going basis. As positions become available, a new recruitment cycle begins with applications already on file. One is encouraged to submit an application at any time during the year.
Primary Duties: Receives in-coming telephone, walk-in, and radio communications and screens, direct, dispatches and documents calls.
Monitors and responds to alarms (burglary and fire), data transmissions, and police/fire communications.
Performs clerical duties, such as filling out reports, maintaining daily blotters and logs, and maintaining state mandated files.
Operates the following types of equipment: telephones, police radios, dictaphone recorder, burglary and fire alarm systems, public address system, typewriter, computers, etc.
• 18 years of age or older
• High school diploma or GED
• Must pass written polygraph and psychological tests
• Subject to background investigation, oral interview and drug screening
• Must pass Law Enforcement Agencies Data Systems test
• Prior dispatching experience preferred but not required
• Must be computer literate
• Must have a clear speaking voice and the ability to interact with people
• Must possess the ability to remain calm in a fast paced environment and in high stress situations
• Particularly interested in people willing to commit one year of service or more with TCPD
Starting Pay: The salary is $10 per hour upon successful completion of the probationary period and L.E.A.D.S. certification. $8.25 per hour to start.
Benefits: In-district or out-of-district students will receive one class with reduced tuition rates. Out-of-district students will receive in-district tuition rates.
Hours: Primarily looking for applicants who are available to work weekend shifts. This shall include overnight shifts and/or holidays from time to time. The working shifts at TCPD are as follows: 7 a.m.-3 p.m. / 3 p.m.-11 p.m. / 11 p.m.-7 a.m.
Contact the Triton College Police Department at (708) 456-6911 to request an application or visit or write us at:
Triton College Police Department
2000 North Fifth Avenue
River Grove, IL 60171