The Academic Success Center is a department of Division of Academic Success at Triton College. We have walk-in, group and individual tutoring at the center. The tutoring center is certified by College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). CRLA’s most vital function and overall purpose is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, methods, and information to improve student learning and to facilitate the professional growth of its members.
We provide free tutoring services for all Triton College students in: Accounting, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Certificate Programs, ESL, GED, Health Careers, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Reading, Sociology, Speech, Writing Skills and other courses offered at the college.
• ESL Conversation Tables. Just drop in and relax, listen, and talk.
• Regularly scheduled workshop presentations for
• Developmental Math Concepts
• English Language Basics and Review
• Personal Time Management
• Stress and Test-Taking Anxiety Management
• Nursing TEAS Test Overview
• Research Paper Skills
• Study Skills
• Special group tutoring sessions for math and science students
• In-class group tutoring, at the request of instructors
• Reference books available at the center for selected subject areas.
• Computer access for interactive math instruction at many levels
• Visual and audio enhancement equipment for the sight and hearing impaired available through CAAS.
• At the center, all our tutors are Level II CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association) certified.
• School of Arts and Sciences
• Center for Access and Accommodative Services
• Learning Resource Center
• Student Services