The Scholars Program at Triton College offers a unique college alternative for academically superior students. Students admitted to the program can anticipate a demanding course of studies yielding an associate’s degree and excellent opportunities to transfer to competitive four-year colleges and universities. Qualified students receive full in-district tuition and fee waiver, freeing their financial resources for the final two years of baccalaureate work. Students will be admitted to the program based on their academic ability and potential which is measured by:
- intent to enter Triton as a first-year student upon graduating from an in-district public or private high school
- an accumulated minimum GPA of 3.35 on a 4.0 scale; composite ACT score of at least 25 preferred
- intent to pursue an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree or to seek transfer to a four-year college or university upon completion of the Scholars Program two-year curriculum
- recommendations from at least one high school instructor and one guidance counselor
- completion of a student-written essay (to be submitted with the Scholars Program application)
The application process is managed in cooperation with the public high schools in the Triton district. I-20 Visa students are not eligible for this scholarship. For more information about the Scholars Program and an application form, contact your high school counselor or Dr. Michael Flaherty, Scholars Program director at (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3250. You may also contact the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences at Triton College at (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3529.