Servicemembers’ Opportunity College
Triton College is proud to be identified by the American Association of Community Colleges as a Service members’ Opportunity College (SOC) providing educational assistance to active-duty service personnel. An SOC institution offers the following benefits for service members:
- Use of admission procedures that insure access to higher education for academically qualified military personnel;
- Evaluation of learning gained through military experiences, and academic credit awarded, where applicable;
- Evaluation of non-traditional learning and awarding of academic credit for such learning, where applicable;
- Evaluation of requests for inter-institutional transfer of credits and acceptance of such credits where appropriate; and
- Flexibility in satisfying residence requirements by making adjustments for military students who transfer from other college districts.
Board Policy # 5112.1; last updated: 05/18/93