Placement Test Resources
The COMPASS Placement Test review materials listed below includes information about key concepts contained in the COMPASS Reading, Writing and Math tests. After you complete a review of the concepts you can take a practice test and get feedback about your testing knowledge.
Remember, the COMPASS placement test is designed to determine your skill level for college-level reading, writing and math. Taking the test doesn't mean that you've 'passed' reading, writing, or math, but your score indicates you can enroll in certain Triton courses. The score you receive will help determine which courses you should take so it's important for you to take the test seriously.
After you've completed the test your counselor can help you make appropriate course selections.
Click here to print a hard copy of the placement review material.
Click here to proceed to the online Reading review.
Click here to proceed to the online Writing review.
Click here to proceed to the Math review overview page.
- Click here to proceed to online MAT045: Pre-Algebra review material.
- Click here to proceed to online MAT055: Algebra & Geometry I review material.
If you would like to brush up on your skills before taking the math placement test, the Mathematics Department offers FREE review sessions.
The sessions last about five hours and you may stay for the entire session or any part of it (no advance registration is necessary).
- The first hour will focus on basic mathematics.
- The second hour will focus on elementary algebra.
- The third hour will focus on geometry.
- The fourth hour will focus on intermediate algebra.
- The fifth hour will focus on word problems.
The Fall-Spring review sessions are held starting at 9 a.m. on the following dates:
- Saturday, February 23, 2013 in I-111
- Saturday, March 16, 2013 in I-111
- Saturday, April 20, 2013 in I-111
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 in I-111
Need more information about the placement test? Find out more at Assessment Services
or call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3252.