Veterans Information and Educational Benefits

Triton College is committed to a supportive lifelong learning environment empowering individuals personally, professionally and culturally to contribute to a global community. In this same spirit, we recognize the service of Veterans towards our country as well as their presence within our student community. Whether you are a new student, returning student, or deployed on active duty, we can assist you and your eligible dependents, as you begin your education.

All qualifying students are required to submit a Military Benefits Data Form for ALL benefit programs.
   • 2014-2015 Military Data Benefits Form

Our institution is approved by both the Illinois and the U.S. Departments of Veterans Affairs to process the following educational benefits for qualifying students:

Illinois State Programs:
   • Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG)
   • Illinois National Guard Grant (ING)
   • MIA/POW Scholarship Grant

Federal Programs:
   • Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
   • Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
   • Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserves (Chapter 1606)
   • Montgomery GI Bill – Reserve Educational Assistance Program [REAP] (Chapter 1607)
   • Montgomery GI Bill – Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
   • Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
   • Tuition Assistance (administered through our Bursar’s Office)

Other Programs:
   • National Military Family Association
     This site has useful information for military families as well as a scholarship program for spouses of military members.
     This site offers a scholarship for children of military members.

>>Return to Financial Aid

Attendance Verification:
Students using chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 must verify enrollment once per month. Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month by using the Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line at (877) 823-2378.

The WAVE and IVR systems do not update account information instantly. Please allow up to 2-3 workdays for the systems to reflect updates to your account.

Payments by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer are strongly encouraged. Payments are sent directly to your savings or checking account. To enroll, click on the "Direct Deposit Enrollment Form" link after you have logged into WAVE.

Financial Aid:
Servicemembers are also eligible to apply for Federal Financial Aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at

Note: Both military benefits and financial aid, if granted, may be utilized during the same semester provided: 
   1. The student is in good standing as determined by Triton College’s Standards of Academic Progress
   2. No existing regulations preclude the use of both awards

Credit for Military Service:
Triton College awards credit for military training deemed equal to specific courses in a program of study. This may include hours awarded for the completion of basic training. To obtain this credit, veterans must submit a copy of their DD-214 to the Admission and Records Office along with a General Petition Form to request an evaluation (available at the Welcome Desk, Student Center, B-100). It takes approximately three weeks for the evaluation process to be completed.

For More Information, Contact:
Financial Aid Veterans' Representatives

Veterans Coordinator:
Dr. Amanda Turner, Dean of Enrollment Services
(708) 456-0300 Ext. 3679

Additional Resources:
   • Veterans Student Enrollment Checklist (New students)
   • Veterans Educational Benefits and Student Resources 
   • Military Transfer Credit Procedure
   • GI Bill Rate Tables
   • Accredited Online Schools & Colleges

Information as of 06/2013