Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer provides patient services, using diagnostic ultrasound under the supervision of a physician responsible for the use and interpretation of ultrasound procedures. The Sonographer assists in gathering sonographic data necessary to reach diagnostic decisions.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ultrasound) is one of the most recent and fastest-growing medical specialties today. Graduates are employed in medical centers and hospitals. The program provides students with theory and clinical instruction in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, including Abdominal and OB/GYN and small parts.
This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 35 East Wacker Drive Chicago, Ill. 60601, (312) 553-9355, in cooperation with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, 7108-C South Alton Way Englewood, Colorado 80112-2106, (303) 741-3533.
Click HERE to complete the MANDATORY Selective Admission Application for Health Careers.
Attendance at an Information Session is REQUIRED in order to apply for admission to this program. For a list of current Information Session dates, times and locations, please call (708) 456-0300 Ext. 3545 or:
• Click HERE for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate Information Session Registration
• Click HERE for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degree Information Session Registration
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degree (Associate in Applied Science - C217E)
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate - C317E
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography Courses