Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions - For Students
- What is my Blackboard user name and password?
- Your Blackboard user name is the last eight digits of your photo ID number and the password is the last four digits of your Social Security Number. To view the last eight digits of your ID number students may visit the Student Portal and faculty/staff may visit the Staff Portal.
If this is your first time taking an online course in Blackboard, your account will be created three days before the start date of your first course. If your course is with in three days of the start date or has already begun, your account will be created at 8:30 a.m. on the next day after your course registration. You will not have access to Blackboard until your account is created. Once your account is created, you will have access to log in and browse the Blackboard Learning system; however, your course link will not appear until the course start date. You may visit the Online courses listing page to view your course start date.
Faculty members that wish to use Blackboard may request an account be created through the PDC.
- I have enrolled in a course but the course link is not listed in My Blackboard. When will the link be available?
- Course links in Blackboard become visible the day the course is scheduled to begin. If your course link is still not visible on or after the day the course has begun, please check the Online Course Listing Page to confirm your course will be taught in the Blackboard system. After confirming your course is scheduled in Blackboard and the course start date, please;submit a questionfor help if you do not see your course link listed in My Blackboard.
- Why am I unable to log into Blackboard?
- These are the most typical reasons to check before submitting a question for additional help.
1. Most courses are held in Blackboard, however, not all courses are held in the Blackboard system. Many math and music courses are held in other learning systems and you should contact your instructor directly with questions regarding access to these courses. For a complete list of courses held in other learning systems, visit the Online Course Listing Page.
2. If this is your first time accessing Blackboard, your account may not yet be created. New accounts are created three days before the start date of your first course. If your course is with in three days of the start date or has already begun, your account will be created at 8:30 a.m. on the next day after your official course registration. You will not have access to Blackboard until your account is created.
3. Your user name and/or password may be incorrect. Your Blackboard user name is the last eight digits of your photo ID number and the password is the last four digits of your Social Security Number. Your user name and password do not change. Students should confirm the last eight digits of their ID number at the Student Portal and Faculty/Staff should confirm at the Staff Portal .
- My course link is listed in My Blackboard but after clicking, I receive the message, "This section is not available yet".
- Please contact your instructor for the course.
- I enrolled after the course started. When will I see my course link in Blackboard?
- After officially registering for a course that has already begun, you will be able to access the Blackboard course link on the next day after 8:30 a.m.
- How long are my Blackboard course(s) available to me?
- Blackboard course links become visible the day the course is schedule to begin and will remain available until two weeks after the course's scheduled end date.
- During the browser check, why did I receive a message that my browser is either non–validated or unsupported?
- With frequent browser updates, it is difficult for all browser versions to be certified for Blackboard as quickly as new updates are released. Generally, most browsers and version updates will function correctly with Blackboard. This message is only to inform you that your browser version has not been fully tested by Blackboard. If after logging into the Blackboard system, you experience issues displaying any tools within Blackboard, you may try with another browser.
- I am unable to use Internet Explorer version 9 with Blackboard.
- I have more questions, where is help available?
- Tips and tutorials on using Blackboard are available in Blackboard from the Student Orientation link.
For questions regarding your course, please contact your course instructor.
Visit the Triton College ETRC for any additional questions.