Start planting a seed to grow your future in sustainable food systems, urban agriculture and/or sustainable landscaping.
The Horticulture (HRT) program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to acquire entry-level positions in all fields of Horticulture and Sustainable Agriculture, or provide skills for career advancement, self-employment, and transfer into a university curriculum. Industry fields include landscape design, landscape and grounds maintenance, sustainable agriculture, cannabis, greenhouse and garden center management and sustainable horticulture.
- Horticulture Degree (Associate in Applied Science – C201A)
- Sustainable Agriculture Technology Degree (Associate in Applied Science – C201E)
- Horticulture/Grounds Maintenance Certificate – C401C
- Pesticide Applicator Certificate - C401G **NEW**
- Greenhouse Grow Operations Certificate - C401H **NEW**
Curriculum/Plan of Study
C201A, C201E, C401C, C401G, C401H
Illinois Landscape Contractors Association (ILCA)
Illinois Green Industry Association (IGIA)
National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP)
Assistant Coordinator, Special Projects
Department office: R-205
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3550