Start planting a seed to grow your future in sustainable food systems, urban agriculture and/or sustainable landscaping.
The Horticulture (HRT) program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to acquire entry-level positions in all fields of Horticulture and Sustainable Agriculture, or provide skills for career advancement, self-employment, and transfer into a university curriculum. Industry fields include landscape design, landscape and grounds maintenance, sustainable agriculture, cannabis, greenhouse and garden center management and sustainable horticulture.
- Horticulture Degree (Associate in Applied Science – C201A)
- Sustainable Agriculture Technology Degree (Associate in Applied Science – C201E)
- Horticulture/Grounds Maintenance Certificate – C401C
- Pesticide Applicator Certificate - C401G **NEW**
- Greenhouse Grow Operations Certificate - C401H **NEW**
Curriculum/Plan of Study
C201A, C201E, C401C, C401G, C401H
Illinois Landscape Contractors Association (ILCA)
Illinois Green Industry Association (IGIA)
National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP)
Assistant Coordinator, Special Projects
Edward Del Beccaro
Department office: R-205
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3550