Established in 1980, the Triton College Foundation is a nonprofit corporation established to extend the campus and programs of Triton College to better serve its students, communities within District 504, and alumni by raising and stewarding investments for the institution. Donations to the Foundation are used to develop new programs and services, fund financial aid and faculty, purchase new equipment and library books, and maintain and operate its facilities.
Over the past several years, public funding to community colleges like Triton, has dwindled significantly. Now, the College must rely on support from donors like you to fulfill its mission. By making a donation to the Triton College Foundation, you are investing in the future of the people and communities served by the College every day. Join with us to ensure this important work continues. With your help, the Triton College Foundation will continue to help the College achieve its mission - Triton College is committed to student success through institutional and academic excellence, and providing a student-centered, lifelong learning environment for our diverse community.
Triton College Foundation2000 Fifth Avenue
River Grove, IL 60171
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3758
The Foundation Board of Directors establishes policies to guide the activities of the Foundation. Each member brings to the board a unique combination of skills and perspectives that help the Foundation meet its mission of enhancing the educational environment of the college.
- Tom Olson, Foundation President, Triton College
- Richard F. Pellegrino, Foundation Vice President, West Central Municipal Conference
- Bart Smith, Foundation Secretary, Smith & Smith
- Sean Sullivan, Foundation Treasurer, Triton College
Board of Directors
- Randy J. Barnette, R.J. Barnette & Associates
- Al Biancalana, Elmcrest Banquets
- John F. Cadero Jr., Alamode Foods
- Michael Castellan, Melrose Park
- Jamie DePaolo, Triton College Alumni Association Council
- Archawee Dhamavasi, Triton College
- John Harris, a5, Inc.
- David J. King, David King & Associates
- Michael Mazza, Chicago White Sox
- Mary-Rita Moore, Triton College
- Louis H. Rago, Rago Brothers Funeral Homes
- Colleen Rockafellow, Triton College
- John F. Ruzic, Retired Hotel & Restaurant Executive
- Denise Smith-Gaborit, Triton College
- Mark R. Stephens, Triton College Board of Trustees, Rosemont
- The Honorable Katrina R. Thompson, Village of Broadview
- The Honorable Ronald M. Serpico, Village of Melrose Park
- The Honorable Donald E. Stephens
In addition to the Annual President's Reception and Golf Outing, there are many ways you can invest in Triton College through the Triton College Foundation.
You may make donations using Checks, Cash, Money Orders or Credit Cards at any time.
Donate by Check or Money Order
Checks or Money Orders should be made out to "Triton College Foundation".
Donate by Credit/Debit Card
The Triton Foundation accepts all major credit/debit cards.
If your employer has a matching gift program, your donation to the Triton College Foundation could be doubled. Please check with your Human Resources department to see if this program is an option for you.
Donating Property or In-Kind Gifts
Many of our programs at Triton College have had the benefit of donated equipment, materials and books. If you have an item you would like to donate for College use, please contact the Foundation office at (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3758. We will work with the appropriate College Dean or Administrator to find the right "home" for your gift.
If you have a more collectible item, such as artwork or other collections that you would like to donate, we will work with you to help establish the fair market value of the gift for your income tax purposes, if you don't already have an appraisal.
The Triton College Foundation will also accept gifts of donated securities (stock) - you are able to receive an income tax deduction based on the fair market value of the security once it is transferred to the Foundation. Please call the Foundation office for more information.
Other Naming Opportunities
The Triton College Foundation's Pathway to Success program provides a wide range of "naming" opportunities as a thoughtful way of remembering someone special.
- For as little as $125 you can purchase a brick with a customized message featuring your name, your favorite saying, or to memorialize a loved one. Larger paver stones are $275.
- Sponsored seating in either the Auditorium or Cernan Space Center is $150 per seat.
- Other items available for sponsorship include beautifully-landscaped trees, bushes and garden benches located throughout our campus that range from $1,000 to $2,500; offices and classrooms from $5,000 to $25,000; and, larger labs, lecture halls, streets and buildings from $50,000 and up.
The Triton College Foundation offers a number of scholarships to entering students and those currently attending Triton College. Scholarship awards range from $150 to $1,500 per semester for tuition, books and fees, and are available for several areas of study, including automotive, hospitality, music, and nursing/allied health, as well as for students who live in specific geographic areas, are of a certain age, graduate from the ESL Program, or are returning to college for a new career.
IRS Form 990