The Career Services Department offers a variety of career planning services, resources, and access to information for individuals (students, graduates and community members) seeking to get better jobs, starting new careers, or re-entering the workforce. Our staff is committed to helping you prepare for career options that match your individual skills, values, interests and goals. We strive to promote your professional development by offering career support services and resources.
Career Services Office
A Building, Room A-204
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3619
Mon.-Thurs.: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Mon.-Thurs.: 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Career Services Calendar
Career Services provides a calendar that posts job opportunities through regular job fairs, industry specific job fairs, and internship information tables. View our calendar often for upcoming events.
Spring Job Fair10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Open to the Public.
Engineering Technology & Maufacturing Job Fair1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Open to the Public.
New Graduate Career Fair10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Open to the Public.
Deployment to Employment Military Expo Prep Workshop10:00 AM - 3:00 PM Open to the Public.
Unemployed, low-income adults and dislocated workers can obtain assistance with getting back into the workforce through a program offered at Triton College, located in the Career Services Department.
The free, federally-funded work readiness program is provided through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Participants receive job placement and educational assistance, and supportive services that include bus passes, gas gift cards, assistance with child care, books and lab fees, and more. Participants also may be eligible to receive up to $8,000 in tuition assistance that can be applied toward college classes and certificate and degree programs offered by hundreds of approved training providers in Cook County.
For more information, please contact Patricia Brantley or Janice Homan at (708) 456-0300, X-3151.
The Career Services Department appreciates our employer partnerships. Companies have a variety of ways to market their brand on campus and recruit individuals for internships, seasonal, part-time, and full-time job opportunities.
We welcome you to:
- Participate in our job fairs
- Participate in our Internship Program
- Participate in our Employer Spotlight Program, to conduct on-campus individual recruiting
- Visit classes to conduct presentations about your company
- Participate in activities such as mock interviews and our "Prep for Professional" event
- Post a position at www.collegecentral.com/triton. Please contact Jackie Gordon at email@example.com if you need assistance.
Triton College is part of a consortium of 11 Northern Illinois Community College Career Centers that share job postings and was designed with the philosophy of employer choice.
- On-campus job fairs
- Internship/cooperative education assistance
- Personalized assistance with resume and cover letter writing
- Mock interview sessions
- Access to online part-time and full-time job listings
- Access to online interest and skills inventories
Career assessments are tools that can be used to help identify your interests and skills to assist in selecting a major and career choice. The results are meant to be used to help in the decision-making process. The results can also assist a career advisor on how best to guide you, so please feel free to bring the information with you when you meet with one.
There are a number of tools that can help with self-assessment. One that's particularly good is called Career Cruising.
To access Career Cruising, go to www.careercruising.com and login with the following:
Career Cruising can help you:
- Find the Right Career - Find careers that match your interests using Career Matchmaker by going through an interactive survey and find out what careers match up with your interests. After answering questions, Career Matchmaker provides suggested career clusters or career pathways.
- Explore Careers - Learn about hundreds of different careers – everything from accountant to zookeeper - and get the inside story on careers by checking out multimedia interviews with real people.
- Explore Schools and Financial Aid - Search for schools that offer the education and training needed.
- Build your own Portfolio - Keep track of your career exploration, activities and begin to develop your resume.
Triton defines an internship/cooperative work study as a class outside of your classroom. Internships are time-limited job experiences that are related to your academic major. You may participate in an internship during either semester or in the summer. Certain programs include internships as part of their requirements. The Career Services staff will manage students' internship placements, however, you are also expected to look for an internship as well. The collaboration between you and the Career Services staff should ensure a successful and satisfying placement. It is highly recommended that you begin your search for an internship as soon as possible.
- Work in a job related to your major
- Receive college credit
- Meet professionals in your field
- Apply for paid internship opportunities
- Possibly turn your internship into a full-time job
Thank you for considering a partnership with Triton College! Our students come to you with energy and enthusiasm to integrate classroom learning with hands-on experience. Students need to complete 240 hours in order to receive class credit and must meet with a faculty advisor to work out three measurable learning objectives for the position. These learning objectives are spelled out in the contract. The student must have his/her signature, the faculty advisor signature and your signature on the contract and returned to our office before they can be enrolled.
- Receive reimbursement of up to $1,200 for a paid internship opportunity
- Experience a possible source of new ideas and a fresh perspective
- Contribute to the professional development of our students
- Preview potential full-time employees
- Earn free attendance to our job fairs
For more information on how to get started, please contact Jackie Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Job Seekers
All students, alumni and community members are welcome to use the Triton College online job board after completing the following registration process through a site that has been specially designed by College Central Network. Please complete all requested information on the registration form. Employers will search this information to choose candidates, so be as thorough as possible.