Tutoring & Academic Support
Triton College provides individual and group tutoring at the Academic Success Center. Tutoring is available, for free, to all Triton College students.
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is a department of the Division of Academic Success at Triton College whose mission is to promote student success by providing quality support services, resources and programs that aid in the transition of student to college and support the successful retention of student throughout the completion of the degree/certificate.
ASC currently provides virtual tutoring to registered Triton College students in online meetings or chats through the Microsoft Teams app. Academic Success Center Teams is public and is available to all Triton College students. Students need to be signed in to Teams to meet with a tutor.
Fall ASC Hours: August 23 to December 16, 2021
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Tutoring Services for Triton Students
- Drop-in tutoring – a student signs in to Teams (Academic Success Center) anytime during tutoring hours to meet with a tutor
- Tutoring By appointment – with TutorTrac a student can set an appointment for a virtual meeting with an ASC tutor for the next day at the earliest
- Writing Assistance by Email – Writing tutors are also available to assist students, by email, with written assignments in any course taken at Triton College. Students may email requests for writing assistance to email@example.com
- Brainfuse – on-demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning for Triton students
- In-person one-on-one tutoring is available only by appointment made in advance through TutorTrac
Are you a GED or Language Arts Student? The Adult Education Department offers free tutoring.
- Work one-on-one or in small groups with an adult education instructor.
- Get help with ESL, math, language arts and Spanish GED.
- Focus on what YOU want to learn/review.
- Schedule a time that works for you—our tutoring times are flexible.
If you are interested, please click HERE to fill out the tutor request form.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3259.
How to Sign In to TEAMS APP
- Download the Teams app to your computer or mobile device if you do not have it yet. If you already have Teams, launch or open the app
- Sign in to Teams with your Triton email username and password
- Select Academic Success Center and choose the appropriate area for your course
- Start a conversation by posting your question to let tutors see you in real-time
Log in using your Triton email username and password
Students can set up tutoring appointments through TutorTrac. Here’s how:
- Sign in to TutorTrac with your Portal username (without @triton.edu) and password.
- Click Search Availabilities on your TutorTrac Homepage (upper left side)
- Center: Choose Academic Success Center
- Section: Select your course or click on Writing Support for help with a writing assignment
- Search: Click Search - to view available tutors
- Select available tutor at your preferred date and time
- Fill out the form that pops up
- Click Save -to complete setting your appointment
Log in using your portal ID and password
The BrainFuse platform offers on-demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning. Brainfuse HelpNow eLearning is easy, intuitive and engaging for all ages and levels.
- Homework Help - Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building - Choose state-aligned lesson and get real-time help.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab - Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question - Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Foreign Language Lab - /Spanish-Speaking Support
- Multiple Ways to Learn - Multiple, research-based tools to accommodate all types of learners.
- Thousands of Robust Lessons - Clear explanations and vivid artwork to help users master academic concepts.
- Broad Range of Subjects - Full academic support for your patrons in hundreds of subject areas, including AP subjects, career certifications, GRE, GMAT, and more.
Log in using your portal ID and password
ASC Tutoring Schedule Calendars
The Academic Success Center schedules are outlook calendars which can be subscribed to with any available .ics calendar application. Remember, the schedules may change without notice. For more information, email email@example.com.
Academic Success Center Coordinator
Math Zone Coordinator
Mary A. Wink
Writing Zone Coordinator
Academic Success Center Secretary