Tutoring & Academic Support
The mission of the Academic Success Division is to promote student success by providing quality support services, resources, and programs that aid in the transition of student to college and support the successful retention of student throughout the completion of the degree/certificate.
Triton College provides individual and group tutoring, mentoring and learning communities as well as ongoing academic review workshops. Tutoring is available, for free, to all Triton College students.
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is a department of Division of Academic Success at Triton College whose mission is to promote student success by providing quality support services, resources and programs that aid in the transition of student to college and support the successful retention of student throughout the completion of the degree/certificate. Additional Goals are to develop, implement and engage in opportunities to grow enrollment, including efforts to increase retention and completion rates across campus, Explore and provide innovative technology that supports student success and develop, implement and assess programming and services to ensure adequate resources, support of student success, and alignment to the Strategic Plan
We have walk-in, group and individual tutoring at the center. The tutoring center is certified by College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). CRLA’s most vital function and overall purpose is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, methods, and information to improve student learning and to facilitate the professional growth of its members.
The ASC provides free tutoring services for all Triton College students in: Accounting, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Certificate Programs, ESL, GED, Health Careers, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Reading, Sociology, Speech, Writing Skills and other courses offered at the college.
Visit the Academic Success Center
Learning Resource Center, Building A
(708) 456-0300 Ext. 3341
SPRING 2020 ASC HOURS:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (A-106, A-112 & A-314)
9 a.m. - 1 p.m. (ASC in the H Building)
Academic Success Center Director
Academic Success Center Coordinator
Academic Success Center Secretary
General Tutoring Area: Room A-106
Careers Tutoring Area (A-106I) offers tutoring in accounting, economics, hospitality, nursing, technical mathematics, advanced technology (Computer Science) and other areas.
Math Zone (A-112) for students who need help with any sort of math problem in biology, chemistry, nursing, math, physics, engineering and other subject areas requiring math. No appointment needed. Students can register at the front desk and sit at the Math Zone.
Science Tutoring Area (A-106A) for students who need help in chemistry, physics and biology. The Science area keeps anatomy and physiology learning models, organic chemistry model kit, zoology classification, DNA model, charts and other related hands-on learning.
Writing Zone (A-314) for students who need to work on a paper, improve their English skills in ESL conversation table, write a lab report and other areas requiring writing, reading and speaking. The Writing Zone has computers equipped with writing and reading software. Students can use the space to complete their assignments.
Additional Tutoring Area Locations: H Building: Room H-139
Tutoring Schedule Calendars
The Academic Success Center schedules are outlook calendars which can be subscribed to with any available .ics calendar application. Remember, the schedules may change without notice. For more information call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3341.
To view or subscribe to ASC or subject tutoring calendar, see below.
The Academic Success Center offers additional services and resources to students, including:
- ASC Workshops - Spring 2020
- ESL Conversation Tables. Just drop in and relax, listen, and talk.
- Regularly scheduled workshop presentations for:
- Developmental Math Concepts
- English Language Basics and Review
- Personal Time Management
- Stress and Test-Taking Anxiety Management
- TEAS Preparation Workshops
- Research Paper Skills
- Study Skills
- Special group tutoring sessions for math and science students
- Supplemental Instruction, based on need and availability
- For use in the ASC only: Biology and Chemistry models, calculators, math tools, reference books and textbooks.
- BrainFuse (Online Tutoring)
- Science Learning Models are available at the center.
Study Rooms, located in the library (A building) and in the H Building, are available to students. All available rooms can be viewed through TutorTrac as well.
Students can search for available tutors for their particular subject and times. Tutors can provide comments and feedback to students regarding tutoring sessions, allowing for on-going support throughout each course.
All students must use any of the available TutorTrac kiosk to sign in. Please select the proper center when available, subject and reason. Only registered subjects are shown. Upon conclusion of your visit, must log out and select a tutor.
All staff must sign in as well on TutorTrac kiosk. Make sure to select area center, subject area and "Work" or "Training" reason for payroll. Similar to students sign-in, staff must sign-out (tutor selection at the end is not required.)
Students, staff and faculty can access TutorTrac to view various options to help with schedule management.
The BrainFuse platform offers on-demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning. Brainfuse HelpNow eLearning is easy, intuitive and engaging for all ages and levels.
- Homework Help - Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building - Choose state-aligned lesson and get real-time help.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab - Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question - Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Foreign Language Lab - /Spanish-Speaking Support
- Multiple Ways to Learn - Multiple, research-based tools to accommodate all types of learners.
- Thousands of Robust Lessons - Clear explanations and vivid artwork to help users master academic concepts.
- Broad Range of Subjects - Full academic support for your patrons in hundreds of subject areas, including AP subjects, career certifications, GRE, GMAT, and more.
Log in using your portal ID and password