Tutoring & Academic Support
The Academic Success Center will provide virtual tutoring to registered Triton College students in online meetings or chats through the Microsoft TEAMS app. Students can download the app and sign-in to TEAMS using Triton's email username and password. ASC is the Academic Success Center Team and it is public. Click HERE for the direct link to the app.
The mission of the Academic Success Division is to promote student success by providing quality support services, resources, and programs that aid in the transition of student to college and support the successful retention of student throughout the completion of the degree/certificate.
Triton College provides individual and group tutoring, mentoring and learning communities as well as ongoing academic review workshops. Tutoring is available, for free, to all Triton College students.
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is a department of Division of Academic Success at Triton College whose mission is to promote student success by providing quality support services, resources and programs that aid in the transition of student to college and support the successful retention of student throughout the completion of the degree/certificate. Additional Goals are to develop, implement and engage in opportunities to grow enrollment, including efforts to increase retention and completion rates across campus, Explore and provide innovative technology that supports student success and develop, implement and assess programming and services to ensure adequate resources, support of student success, and alignment to the Strategic Plan
We currently have walk-in, group and individual tutoring in TEAMS. The tutoring center is certified by College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). CRLA’s most vital function and overall purpose is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, methods, and information to improve student learning and to facilitate the professional growth of its members.
The ASC provides free tutoring services for all Triton College students in: Accounting, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Certificate Programs, ESL, GED, Health Careers, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Reading, Sociology, Speech, Writing Skills and other courses offered at the college.
(January 19 to May 14, 2021)
ASC Hours Of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
For more information, email your question to email@example.com
Academic Success Center Coordinator
Math Zone Coordinator
Writing Zone Coordinator
Academic Success Center Secretary
Tutoring Areas/Channels in Teams
General - general information, workshops
Careers Area - for tutoring in accounting, economics, hospitality, nursing, technical mathematics, advanced technology (Computer Science) and other areas
Math Zone - for students who need help with any sort of math problem in biology, chemistry, nursing, math, physics, engineering and other subject areas requiring math
Science Area - for students who need help in chemistry, physics and biology
Writing Zone - for students who need to work on a paper, write a lab report and other areas requiring writing, reading and speaking.
Tutoring Schedule Calendars
The Academic Success Center schedules are outlook calendars which can be subscribed to with any available .ics calendar application. Remember, the schedules may change without notice. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academic Success Center offers additional services and resources to students, including:
- Regularly scheduled workshop presentations for:
- Developmental Math Concepts
- English Language Basics and Review
- Personal Time Management
- Stress and Test-Taking Anxiety Management
- TEAS Preparation Workshops
- Research Paper Skills
- Study Skills
- Special group tutoring sessions for math and science students
- Supplemental Instruction, based on need and availability
- TutorTrac for setting up tutoring appointments in advance and signing up for workshops and/or study groups. Use your Triton Portal Username (without @triton.edu) and the Portal Password to log in to TutorTrac
- BrainFuse (Online Tutoring)To Top
Students can search for available tutors for their particular subject and times. Tutors can provide comments and feedback to students regarding tutoring sessions, allowing for on-going support throughout each course.
All students must use any of the available TutorTrac kiosk to sign in. Please select the proper center when available, subject and reason. Only registered subjects are shown. Upon conclusion of your visit, must log out and select a tutor.
All staff must sign in as well on TutorTrac kiosk. Make sure to select area center, subject area and "Work" or "Training" reason for payroll. Similar to students sign-in, staff must sign-out (tutor selection at the end is not required.)
Students, staff and faculty can access TutorTrac to view various options to help with schedule management.
The BrainFuse platform offers on-demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning. Brainfuse HelpNow eLearning is easy, intuitive and engaging for all ages and levels.
- Homework Help - Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building - Choose state-aligned lesson and get real-time help.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab - Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question - Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Foreign Language Lab - /Spanish-Speaking Support
- Multiple Ways to Learn - Multiple, research-based tools to accommodate all types of learners.
- Thousands of Robust Lessons - Clear explanations and vivid artwork to help users master academic concepts.
- Broad Range of Subjects - Full academic support for your patrons in hundreds of subject areas, including AP subjects, career certifications, GRE, GMAT, and more.
Log in using your portal ID and password