Tutoring & Academic Support
Triton College provides individual and group tutoring at the Academic Success Center. Tutoring is available, for free, to all Triton College students.
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is a department of the Division of Academic Success at Triton College whose mission is to promote student success by providing quality support services, resources and programs that aid in the transition of student to college and support the successful retention of student throughout the completion of the degree/certificate.
ASC currently provides in-person and virtual tutoring to registered Triton College students. In-person tutoring is on-campus in designated ASC areas. Virtual tutoring is in online meetings or chats through the Microsoft Teams app. Students need to be signed in to Teams to meet with a tutor virtually.Academic Success Center Teams is public and is available to all Triton College students.
Fall 2022 ASC Hours: August 22 to December 16, 2022
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
ASC has moved to Room A-100!
Are you looking for a tutor? Come to A-100, ASC's new location.
Tutoring Services for Triton Students
- ASC Tutoring by Appointment or Drop-in - Students can use TutorTrac to schedule appointments for themselves for one-on-one tutoring, which is available in-person on-campus and virtually via Teams. Appointments can be scheduled at least three hours in advance. We strongly encourage students to schedule an appointment, but drop-in services may be available depending on tutors’ availability. To find out if a tutor is available for drop-in service, students can sign into Teams or come in person to the ASC locations.
- Writing Assistance by Email – Writing tutors are also available to assist students, by email, with written assignments in any course taken at Triton College. Paper drafts must be emailed to email@example.com as an attached Word document (not links), and students should include the professor's directions for the essay assignment.
- Brainfuse – on-demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning for Triton students
How to Sign In to TEAMS APP
- Download the Teams app to your computer or mobile device if you do not have it yet. If you already have Teams, launch or open the app
- Sign in to Teams with your Triton email username and password
- Select Academic Success Center and choose the appropriate area for your course
- Start a conversation by posting your question to let tutors see you in real-time
Log in using your Triton email username and password
Students can set up tutoring appointments through TutorTrac. Here’s how:
1. Sign in to TutorTrac with your Portal username (without @triton.edu) and your Portal password.
2. On the upper-left-hand side of your TutorTrac Homepage, under the icon, , click Search Availabilities.
3. Center: Choose Academic Success Center
4. Section: Select your course or choose Writing Support for help with a writing assignment
5. Search: Click Search - to view available tutors
6. Select available tutor at your preferred date and time
7. Fill out the form that pops up with the following:
- Center - this is the Area determined by the Section (course) you chose earlier
- Subject - this is the Section (course) you chose earlier
- Reason - choose Appointment
- Meeting - choose one: In-Person (on-campus) or Online (in Teams)
- Time - you can choose 25 min or 55 min
8. Click Save - to complete setting your appointment
Log in using your portal ID and password
The BrainFuse platform offers on-demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning. Brainfuse HelpNow eLearning is easy, intuitive and engaging for all ages and levels.
- Homework Help - Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building - Choose state-aligned lesson and get real-time help.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab - Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question - Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Foreign Language Lab - /Spanish-Speaking Support
- Multiple Ways to Learn - Multiple, research-based tools to accommodate all types of learners.
- Thousands of Robust Lessons - Clear explanations and vivid artwork to help users master academic concepts.
- Broad Range of Subjects - Full academic support for your patrons in hundreds of subject areas, including AP subjects, career certifications, GRE, GMAT, and more.
Log in using your portal ID and password
ASC Tutoring Schedule Calendars
The Academic Success Center schedules are outlook calendars which can be subscribed to with any available .ics calendar application. Remember, the schedules may change without notice. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Success Center
Location: Room A-100
Phone: (708) 456-0300 Ext. 3341
Academic Success Center Director
Academic Success Center Coordinator
708-456-0300, Ext. 3943
Lead Tutor, Careers
708-456-0300, Ext. 3081
Lead Tutor, Science
708-456-0300, Ext. 3442