Tuition and Fees
Triton College strives to offer an affordable college education. Tuition rates are set according to the academic calendar. Our rates are as follows:
Tuition - 2017-2018 School Year
In-District: $118.00 per credit hour
Out-of-District: $308.20 per credit hour
Out-of-State/International Visa: $386.52 per credit hour
Tuition - 2018-2019 School Year
In-District: $123.00 per credit hour
Out-of-District: $320.53 per credit hour
Out-of-State/International Visa: $401.98 per credit hour
Student Services Fee (Non-Refundable): $7 per credit hour
Auxiliary Fee: $1 per credit hour
Technology Fee: $6 per credit hour
Registration Fee: $2 per credit hour
Total Fees: $16 per credit hour
Online Credit Course Fee: $25 per course (online courses only)
Out-of-District Students: Students not residing within the Triton College district must pay out-of-district tuition unless the student qualifies for a cooperative instructional program/joint agreement as outlined in the college catalog. The out-of-district rate is calculated by a formula as prescribed by the Illinois Community College Board.
Tuition Payment Schedule: Registration is not complete until you have paid your outstanding balance in full or made payment arrangements (see options below):
- If you fail to make payment arrangements within the specified timelines, you may be dropped from your selected classes.
- If you are dropped from a class, the college will send an email notifying you of the need to re-enroll.
- If you re-enroll and again do not follow the 2-day payment deadline, you may continue to be dropped for non-payment.
- If your have been dropped from a class, and the date to re-enroll has passed, you may petition for reinstatement.
College Scorecards in the U.S. Department of Education's College Affordability and Transparency Center can be used to find out more about a college's affordability and value.
Registering early gives you the best selection of classes, can significantly reduce the wait time to see a counselor, and allows you to set up a payment plan that gives you up to three (3) months to pay for classes. You may register online through the MyTriton portal, in person at the Welcome Center, or by phone with the Call Center. Once you register for classes, you must pay your outstanding balance in full or make payment arrangements. Please review the following tuition payment schedules below:
- Payment in full by cash, money order, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express)
- FACTS Tuition Payment Plan (via MyTriton Portal)
- FACTS Deferred Payment Plan (via MyTriton Portal)
*The payment grace period ends approximately three weeks prior to the start of the semester. After that, tuition is due within two days (48 hours) of the date that you register. If you are unable to make payment or setup a payment plan, your classes will be dropped and you will have to register again.