New Student Orientation
Welcome to Triton College! You have made a wonderful decision regarding your educational and career pursuits. Whether you have recently graduated from high school or you are returning to school after several years away, Triton has a program for you. At Triton, you will find faculty and staff ready to assist you on the road to success!
In order to help new students prepare for the first semester of college, Triton requires all new first year students to participate in our new student orientation. New Student Orientation is designed to introduce you to campus personnel; academic policies and procedures; and campus programs and activities designed to enhance your college experience.
Orientation is FREE. There is no cost to you.
Prior to completing orientation, students should:
- Complete an application for admission
- Complete the following tests and assessments
- ACCUPLACER Placement Test (Check and see if you do not need to take an exam - Click HERE)
- Career Coach - Click HERE
- Register for classes for Fall 2021 semester
- If you would like to pick up your Triton College photo ID and you’re registered for classes please bring a photo ID (high school ID, state ID, driver’s license, passport, etc.)
New Student On-Campus sessions are available on the following days.
Please be advised that if a session begins at 1:00pm plan on an approximate end time of 4:30pm, and if a session begins at 10:00am plan on an approximate end time of 1:30pm. Snacks will be provided during the session and lunch/dinner (optional) will follow the campus tour. Lunch/dinner will be a boxed meal so it can be taken to eat at home or safely spaced with other students.
- Monday, June 21, 2021 @ 1PM
- Tuesday, June 22, 2021 @ 10AM
- Thursday, June 24, 2021 @ 1PM
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021 @ 1PM
- Wednesday, July 21, 2021 @ 10AM
- Thursday, July 22, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
- The program will be held in Building R Auditorium (FREE Parking is available)
- Check-in begins 20 minutes prior to the start time
- Persons arriving more than 10 minutes after the start time will need to reserve a space for the next available session
- Masks are required
- Students must complete the Campus Clear app before arriving on campus the day of orientation
Adult and Returning New Student Workshop for Returning or Adult Students (23+ Years Old)
Students who are 23 years old and over are recommended to complete Online New Student Orientation and, subsequently, attend a New Student Workshop. The New Student Workshop is hosted live over Zoom and lasts one hour. An RSVP is required. Please bring your questions!
New Student Workshops sessions are available on the following days.
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021 @ 5PM
- Thursday, June 24, 2021 @ 10AM
- Monday, July 19, 2021 @ 5PM
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021 @ 10AM
Online Orientation covers the following: Email and Student Portal, Academic Advising, Scheduling and Registration, Financial Aid, Support Services, Student Life and Student Resource and more.
Please click HERE for online version of New Student Orientation.
For questions concerning advising and class registration after taking the online orientation, please contact (708) 456-0300 Ext. 3379.
To reserve your space at one of the On-Campus Orientation or Adult and Returning New Student Workshop sessions, please click one of the buttons below.