The Academic Advising Department at Triton College proactively supports and empowers students to develop and achieve their educational and career goals.
Advising at Triton College is an interactive partnership between advisors and students. Advisors facilitate a smooth transition for incoming students through course placement, registration, academic planning and assistance with obtaining relevant information and services. Advisors nurture students’ academic habits such as goal-setting and attainment, self-awareness, and responsible decision making.
Advisors are assigned based on the first letter of each student’s last name. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, please click on the button below.
Monday: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Thursday: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The advising team offers an array of services designed to assist students in reaching their educational goals.
The following are some of the resources and services the Advising Department provides to students:
- Class registration: Assistance with selecting appropriate courses, adding or dropping classes from schedule
- Academic Planning: Provide examples and guidance on creating an Academic Plan to help guide you through your time at Triton College. Think of your Academic Plan as a map to help you navigate the courses that you need in order to be successful. Academic Plans are best completed via appointments with your specific advisor.
- Academic Programs: Speak with your advisor regarding your program of study, to explore different program opportunities or update your academic program
- Campus Referral: Assistance with academic-related issues
- Waivers/Petitions: Help with a placement test waiver or general petition
- Free Workshops & Events: Offers a variety of workshops and events free of cost for Triton students
- Academic Program Change Form
- General Petition
- Academic Standards
- Triton College Catalog
- Test Center