Health Careers & Public Service Programs
With technology and medical advances being improved every day and people living longer, health professions are the fastest growing careers in the job market. In addition to the array of opportunities within the field from nursing to nuclear medicine and surgical technology to X-ray technologists – working in the medical profession also is personally rewarding.
Students at Triton College receive the educational foundation as well as clinical experience in a variety of venues that prepares them for the working world. Triton has on-campus facilities and laboratories in addition to strong relationships with local and regional health care systems and hospitals. Together, these provide the best possible educational background for students.
Triton's innovative programs and teaching strategies prepare competent, caring, adaptable, critical thinking health care professionals.
Our Mission Statement
The School of Health Careers and Public Service Programs recognizes the needs of the community it serves by providing quality educational programs facilitated by experienced professionals who empower diverse learners leading to multiple careers in patient care and public service.
Complete the MANDATORY application for Triton College.
In addition to fulfilling the selective admission health program requirements, candidates must complete the following general admission requirements: complete a Triton College application, submit applicable transcripts, take placement exams or demonstrate course equivalency, and complete new student orientation.
Complete the MANDATORY Selective Admission Application for Health Careers
Complete the MANDATORY Selective Admission Application for Nursing or LPN to RN Careers
School of Health Careers and Public Service Programs include:
- Allied Health - Dr. Peter Jaswilko
- Certified Medical Assistant - John P. Cody
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Krysti Reece
- Emergency Medical Technology - Vince Pesavento
- Fire Science - William Justiz
- Nuclear Medicine Technology - Tiffany Irby (Enrollment is Suspended)
- Nursing - Geri Brewer
- Nursing Assistant - Sandra Bowling
- Ophthalmic Technician - Lisa Maas
- Radiologic Technology - Mary Elkins
- Sterile Processing Technician - Dr. Teri Junge
- Surgical Technology - Dr. Teri Junge
- Vascular Technology in Sonography - Krysti Reece
Links to each program are provided. Please contact the appropriate Coordinator whose contact information is shown above.
Dean of Health Careers & Public Service Programs
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3712