Earn money while serving your community
The adult education department has seen a large influx of refugees and asylum seekers from Ukraine and Latin American countries who are fleeing war, persecution, and political upheaval. While we are eager to serve our new community members, we are experiencing a crippling shortage in our ESL faculty pool.
We are actively seeking dedicated instructors to work with our engaged, enthusiastic, and hard-working adult ESL students! Would you like to join a rapidly growing team of talented instructors and help non-native speakers to develop English language skills that will make a real difference in their everyday lives by enabling them to communicate, adjust to a new country and culture, and find jobs?
Hiring NOW for Spring 2023 and beyond
- 15-week classes, starting January 23rd
- Monday/Wednesday mornings (9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday/Thursday evenings (6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- 10-week classes, starting February 27th
- Monday/Wednesday evenings (6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday/Thursday mornings (9:00 a.m. to noon)
- Note: We are particularly in need of instructors who are available in the evening
- on campus, off campus (local high schools), online
- Rate of pay:
- $47.24 per contact hour
New instructors do not have to build their ESL course from scratch. We use an online commercial curriculum that is rigorous, standards-based, and ADA-compliant.
Beyond the classroom, the Adult Education Department prioritizes communication and collaboration among instructors, so we offer opportunities to work with other teachers as well as peer coaching to assist in the transition to the world of adult education.
If you are interested, or if you have questions, please reach out to Nathan Rearden, Director of AE Faculty & Instruction, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (708) 456-0300 ext. 3880.
Join the Adult Ed Team Today!