September 30, 2020
Transfer Center is Hosting Virtual College Fair
During October, the Transfer Center is hosting a series of virtual transfer fairs with several college and university partners. Feel free to drop in any session with your questions.
For more information about the Transfer Center and its resources visit here.
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Click here: https://zoom.us/j/97125352372
Olivet Nazarene University
Western Illinois University
Governors State University
National Louis University
Illinois State University
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Click here: https://zoom.us/j/94275076935
Illinois Institute of Technology
Lake Forest College
Purdue University Northwest
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
University of Illinois at Chicago
3:30-5 p.m. Click here: https://zoom.us/j/99346436966
Eastern Illinois University
North Park University
Northeastern Illinois University
Southern Illinois University
St. Augustine College
11 am.-12:30 p.m. Click here: https://zoom.us/j/91734947257
Columbia College Chicago
Concordia University Chicago
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois – Springfield
North Central College
Northern Illinois University
The Transfer Center has the following suggestions for a productive session:
- Be prepared with questions and pay close attention to the presentations. Some colleges and universities provide a lot of answers during their introductions. Possible questions could be:
- When is the deadline for the transfer admission application at your institution?
- What are the admission requirements for your institution?
- What is the minimum GPA to get admitted into my major?
- How many transfer credits does your institution accept?
- How much is your tuition?
- Remember to stay muted unless you are asked to speak. If your camera is on, be sure that your background is appropriate. Sometimes you will be asked to complete polls or to participate, so don’t be afraid to engage!
- In many cases, you will be encouraged to ask general questions in the chat. Leave your personal questions for a one-on-one appointment with the college/university representative.
If you are unable to attend an event, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The virtual fairs are being recorded and can be sent to you directly.