March 17, 2020
COVID-19 Update (March 17)
March 17, 2020: Effective immediately, Triton College’s campus is closed until further notice. No one is to report to campus without authorization. Updates will be provided as they become available.
Like many educational institutions, Triton College is working to ensure a healthy environment for the campus community. Triton College seeks to strike the right balance between preparedness and caution.
- All Triton College facilities and offices are closed until further notice
- Only authorized personnel are allowed on campus. Authorized personnel will be notified if they are permitted on campus.
- Triton College will be extending Spring Break into the following week and thereby creating a two-week Spring Break for students.
- The extension of student Spring Break is intended to allow full-time and adjunct faculty members to prepare to deliver online instruction. Faculty with face-to-face courses should work during the second week of Spring Break to move as much instruction onto an online format. Resources will be made available to assist and more information will be forthcoming.
- Starting Monday, March 30, all lecture components of credit courses will be moved into an online format until further notice.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, all events, which include students and external organizations, are suspended until further notice. This pertains to both on campus and off campus events. At this time, the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) has suspended all spring competition.
Please direct all COVID-19 questions to email@example.com.