Triton College seeks to make a positive difference in the lives of students and the broader community. Through active engagement with public and government officials representing communities served by the college, we are able to communicate the importance of higher education for Illinois citizens in our community college district. We seek to be informed and to inform the college community regarding legislative matters. We disseminate information, monitor proposed legislation, coordinate advocacy regarding education-related issues and budget allocations impacting the college, and participate in state- and nation-wide efforts to build support for community college education.
Every legislative session, the Department of Public Affairs publishes a summary of state legislation which may affect Triton College. The summaries can be found below:
Triton College students visit Springfield, Illinois every April to participate in the Illinois Community College Board Student Advocacy Day. This gives our students the opportunity to learn about issues prior to their visit, engage with their elected leaders in the capital, lobby for their interests as students and community members, and get a first-hand look at the legislative process.
Visit these pages and resources for the latest news that affects community colleges and higher education in the state of illinois
- ICCTA Action Alert
- Governor Rauner's agenda: The Illinois Turnaround
- Illinois General Assembly
- Don't know who your legislative representatives are? Find out here.
- State of Illinois, includes Governor's webpage
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Illinois Community College Board
- Illinois Community College Trustees Association's Legislative Goals
- Illinois Public Community College Act
Stay on top of educational issues at the national level by visiting these links
- Association of Community College Trustees
- ACCT Latest Action in Washington (LAW) E-Alert
- American Association of Community Colleges
- AACC Advocacy News
- United States Senate
- United States House of Representatives