52nd Annual Commencement - Class of 2018
Please review the list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) and responses that have been developed to better assist you in preparation for this year's Triton College Commencement Ceremony.
When do I have to submit my Graduation Petition?
The August 2017 graduation petition deadline was June 5, 2017. The December 2017 graduation petition deadline was September 13, 2017. The May 2018 graduation petition deadline was Wednesday, February 7, 2018. For more information, call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3733, 3559 or 3444.
When and where is the Commencement Ceremony?
All August 2017, December 2017 and May 2018 graduates will be honored at the 52nd Annual Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at the Rosemont Theater, 5400 N. River Road in Rosemont, Illinois. Doors will close at 2:45 p.m.
What time should I arrive to the theatre?
Graduates need to arrive at the theatre by 1:30 p.m. and check in at the graduate table on the second floor. Be sure to give your guests their tickets prior to checking in. Balloons and baby strollers will not be permitted inside the theater. Graduates will not be allowed to carry purses, bags or other personal belongings during the ceremony. Please give these items to one of your guests prior to checking in.
How many tickets will I receive? Do I need to have one? Where do I pick them up?
Each graduate who participates in the ceremony will be given eight (8) tickets: one (1) ticket for themselves and seven (7) tickets for their family and guests. All guests ages 2yrs and older will require a ticket. Tickets will need to be picked up between Monday, May 14 and Friday, May 18, 2018 at the Follett Bookstore. Bookstore hours are Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.. You must present a valid state ID or drivers license and the original receipt of your cap and gown order.
Where can I pick up extra tickets?
We have created a group on Facebook called TritonCollegeClassof2018. If you use Facebook, we encourage you to join this online group. You can put out requests for additional tickets from other graduates on that Facebook page. You may also pick up extra tickets at the Follett Bookstore on Friday, May 18, 2018 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Tickets will be offered on a first come, first served basis. For more information on extra tickets, contact the Follett Bookstore at (708) 452-1180.
Where do I purchase my cap & gown?
Caps & gowns will be available for purchase at the Follett Bookstore between Tuesday March 27, 2018 and Friday, May 4, 2018 for $47.18, plus tax by cash, credit or debit. A $20 late fee will be charged if purchased on or after Saturday, May 5, 2018.
What if I lost my graduation cap or tassel?
Additional caps and tassels will be available for purchase on the day of the commencement ceremony for $10 each, plus tax, at the Follett Bookstore table (cash only).
Where do I pick up my honors medallion?
Honors medallions will be provided with the purchase of a cap and gown.
Gold Ribbon Medallion: High Honors – Associates Degree – current GPA of 3.75-4.0
Red Ribbon Medallion: Honors – Associates Degree – current GPA of 3.50-3.74
Blue Ribbon Medallion: Honors – Certificate – current GPA of 3.50-4.0
Honors medallions will not be available on commencement day.
Can I wear additional regalia or dressings with my cap and gown?
Only academic regalia issued by the institution's cap and gown company will be permitted. No additional dressings on the gown are permitted in this formal ceremony, except for honors medallions and Phi Theta Kappa gold stoles and cords. You may embellish the top of your cap as long as it’s tasteful. Offensive words or images will not be permitted in the ceremony and a new cap/tassel must be purchased on-site for $10 each, cash only.
When will I receive my degree or certificate?
Your actual degree or certificate will be mailed, or you may pick it up once you have received a letter of notification from the Records Evaluator's Office confirming that you have completed your degree/certificate requirements.
Where can I receive more information about commencement?
We have created a group on Facebook called TritonCollegeClassof2018. If you use Facebook, we encourage you to join this online group. We will post updates and additional ceremony information on Facebook on a regular basis. Also, you can post photos, comments, memories, and put out requests for additional tickets from other graduates. Also, view our Commencement Parking Instructions and Commencement Do's and Don'ts sections.
For more information please contact the Office of Student Life at (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3383.
Graduate Parking (Only for Triton College Graduates)
- As parking spaces are limited at the Rosemont Theatre, each graduate will be issued one parking pass to enter and park in the Rosemont Theatre parking lot. You will be issued ONLY one parking pass when you pick up your tickets for the commencement ceremony. Your tickets and parking pass will be distributed at the Follett Bookstore along with your cap and gown between Monday, May 14 and Friday May 18, 2018. Bookstore hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.
- If possible, all graduates are encouraged to try to carpool.
- If you misplace your parking pass, you will be required to park in the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center parking garage located at 9600 Williams Street, down the street from the Rosemont Theatre on River Road.**Parking validation will be provided at the main lobby of the Rosemont Theater
Attendee Parking (faculty, staff, family, guests and graduates without parking passes)
- FREE PARKING will be available at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center parking garage located at 9600 Williams Street, down the street from the Rosemont Theatre on River Road.
- **Parking validation will be provided at the main lobby of the Rosemont Theater.
For more information on commencement activities, please call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3383 or email email@example.com.
Directions to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Parking Garage from the Rosemont Theatre
- Start out going north on River Road
- Turn left onto Williams Street
- Enter the Donald E. Stephens Parking Garage
Parking validation will be provided at the main lobby of the Rosemont Theater.
The following list is a quick instruction guide to help create a pleasant and memorable experience for you on commencement day. Please review the directions and share the information with family and friends that will be attending the ceremony.
- Arrive at the Rosemont Theatre by 1:30 p.m. Doors close promptly at 2:45 p.m.
- Carpool with family and friends
- Give commencement tickets to guests prior to arriving at the theatre
- Inform your guests that seats may not be saved or held for late comers. All theatre seating is on a first come, first serve basis
- Leave your belongings with family or friends during the ceremony
- Upon entering the main entrance of the theatre, follow the signs to the second floor for graduate check in and instructions
- Practice writing your name phonetically. Example: Raul Santiago would be written as Rah-ool San-tee-ah-go.
IMPORTANT: Only official caps and gowns purchased through Follett Bookstore are allowed to be worn at the ceremony unless approved by the Follett staff prior to commencement.
- Do not bring purses, backpacks, cameras, cell phones or any other personal items with you
- No food or drinks are allowed in the theatre
- No noise makers of any kind will be allowed in the theatre
- Strollers or car seats are not allowed in the theatre
- No balloons are allowed in the theatre
- Do not take pictures or interrupt speaker during preliminary lineup instructions
- Do not stop or disrupt the processional flow to take pictures or accept flowers. Please inform your guests of this rule
- Do not leave empty seats between graduates
- Do not exit theatre until instructed to do so by an usher
- Do not leave any personal items on theatre seats, you will be changing seats after walking across the stage
PLEASE NOTE: Extra caps and tassels will be available for $10.00 in the check in area. Honors medallions will NOT be available on or after commencement day.
Accommodative seating is available at the Rosemont Theatre. Please ask theatre personnel for assistance. Seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis.