Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC)
If you need tech support or assistance with online courses, click the button below and complete the online HELP form.
The Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC) is Triton's primary computer lab, with current technology and software. The ETRC supports the college curriculum and encourages effective learning by distributing and processing material to support all distance learning education. The ETRC staff provides learning materials and curriculum in a variety of formats, audio, DVD and computer assisted programs. These services enhance or supplement Online/Blackboard courses. The center provides computer-based educational services to all Triton College students, faculty, community and staff.
The Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC) offers testing for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS) in the following applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. The Microsoft Certification Program recognizes individuals who have a certain level of mastery with Microsoft Office products and provides a framework for measuring end-user proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. There are three levels of MOS certification: Core, Expert and Master. Each of these levels indicates a depth of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and can be attained by passing the appropriate Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exam. The test is available by signing up for course HUM-C08 through the Continuing Education Department; the cost for each test is $80.00 plus a registration fee of $5.00.
A current semester Triton College photo ID is required for equipment use.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the ETRC.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the ETRC.
Online HELP Center
Click here to complete the online HELP form if you need tech support or assistance with online courses.
ETRC Distance Learning Services
The ETRC is the student support center for all Online/Blackboard courses. Services include orientations, online tutorials, tutoring, e-mail, telephone, walk-in and online HELP form.
Click Here for more Online/Blackboard Course Information!
Faculty members may reserve a computer bay in the open lab by submitting their requests to Reginia Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 465-0300, Ext. 3366. Please include your name and contact information, course number, software needed for class, date of request, start and end time of class and number of students. Please make reservations early, as availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Faculty also can request installation of special textbook companion software or supplemental course-related software by contacting I.T. Services. However, please allow ample lead time for the technical staff to complete the installation process before you come in.
Tutors are available through the Academic Success Center.
For more information, please check the tutoring schedule posted at the Help Desk in the ETRC.
Please observe the following:
- All persons within the ETRC must sign in at the Help Desk
- All persons within the ETRC Open Lab, must observe all Triton College policies
- Children are not permitted in the ETRC Open Lab
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the ETRC
- Food and drink are not permitted in the ETRC
- The ETRC is not responsible for any lost or unattended items
- Pagers and cell phones must be set to vibrate or silent mode. Use of cell phones in the ETRC is strictly prohibited.
- The viewing of offensive materials is not permitted in the ETRC
- Illegal activities such as software pirating and copyright infringement are strictly prohibited
- Files saved to the computer/hard drive are NOT retrievable once the computer restarts or is shutdown
- Save to a Flash Drive and save OFTEN. Check your flash drive for your files. DO NOT save to the HARD DRIVE!
- Do not attempt to print envelopes, labels or specialized paper sizes
- NEVER power off or press any button or options on printers. Ask at Help Desk for assistance.
- Limit printing to a maximum of 10 pages per print job.
- Any printed materials not claimed within 30 minutes of printing will be placed in the recycling bin
- ALL print requests must be completed 15 minutes before closing time
Location: Room A-100
Phone: (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3361 or 3039
Fax: (708) 583-3792
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3366
Educational Technology Resource Center Hours
Intersession Hours (Friday December 18, 2020 - Monday, January 18, 2021)
NOTE: ETRC will be CLOSED from Thursday, December 24, 2020 to Sunday, January 3, 2021 for Winter Break and also on Monday, January 18, 2021 for MLK Day.
Virtual Hours *
Monday-Friday: 8:00am to NOON
Saturday & Sunday : CLOSED
In Person Hours
Monday-Thursday: NOON to 5:00pm
Friday NOON to 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
*Virtual Hours-ETRC can be contacted via email at email@example.com
*If you are in need of a computer during ETRC virtual hours please visit the Library in A-200
*Hours are subject to change
*Spring Semester Hours begin Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Extended Tech Support *
Monday-Thursday: 8:00pm to MIDNIGHT
Friday: 4:00pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm to midnight
*For assistance during extended tech support hours, submit the online HELP form, and support staff will contact you as soon as they can.