Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC)
If you need tech support or assistance with online courses, click the button below and complete the online HELP form.
Click the button below for helpful videos on accessing the Student Portal and Blackboard.
Click the buttons below for helpful Blackboard FAQs and ETRC FAQs.
Faculty members may reserve a computer bay in the open lab by submitting their requests to Reginia Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 465-0300, Ext. 3366. Please include your name and contact information, course number, software needed for class, date of request, start and end time of class and number of students. Please make reservations early, as availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Faculty also can request installation of special textbook companion software or supplemental course-related software by contacting I.T. Services. However, please allow ample lead time for the technical staff to complete the installation process before you come in.
About the ETRC
A current semester Triton College photo ID is required for equipment use.
The Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC) is Triton's primary computer lab, with current technology and software. The ETRC supports the college curriculum and encourages effective learning by distributing and processing material to support all online and flexible learning. The ETRC staff provides learning materials and curriculum in a variety of formats, audio, program specific DVD and computer assisted programs. These services enhance or supplement Online/Blackboard courses. The center provides computer-based educational services to all Triton College students, faculty, community and staff.
The Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC) offers testing for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS) in the following applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. The Microsoft Certification Program recognizes individuals who have a certain level of mastery with Microsoft Office products and provides a framework for measuring end-user proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. There are three levels of MOS certification: Core, Expert and Master. Each of these levels indicates a depth of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and can be attained by passing the appropriate Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exam. The test is available by signing up for course HUM-C08 through the Continuing Education Department; the cost for each test is $80.00 plus a registration fee of $5.00.
Please observe the following:
- All persons within the ETRC must sign in at the Help Desk
- All persons within the ETRC Open Lab, must observe all Triton College policies
- Children are not permitted in the ETRC Open Lab
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the ETRC
- Food and drink are not permitted in the ETRC
- The ETRC is not responsible for any lost or unattended items
- Cell phones must be set to vibrate or silent mode. Use of cell phones in the ETRC is strictly prohibited.
- The viewing of offensive materials is not permitted in the ETRC
- Illegal activities such as software pirating and copyright infringement are strictly prohibited
- Files saved to the computer/hard drive are NOT retrievable once the computer restarts or is shutdown
- Save to a Flash Drive and save OFTEN. Check your flash drive for your files. DO NOT save to the HARD DRIVE!
- Do not attempt to print envelopes, labels or specialized paper sizes
- NEVER power off or press any button or options on printers. Ask at Help Desk for assistance.
- Limit printing to a maximum of 10 pages per print job.
- Any printed materials not claimed within 30 minutes of printing will be placed in the recycling bin
- ALL print requests must be completed 15 minutes before closing time
Location: Room A-100
Phone: (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3361 or 3039
Fax: (708) 583-3792
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3366
ETRC Intersession Hours