Welcome to Triton College’s Adult Education Department
"Making a difference one student at a time"
Triton College’s Adult Education (AE) Department offers quality educational programs to assist adults who wish to
- Learn English
- Earn a High School Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Connect to employment and job training opportunities
- Transition to College
About Triton College’s Adult Education Programs
All adult education instructional and support services are currently being delivered online and in-person. To learn more about our hyflex classes, please click HERE.
AE faculty and staff assist adult learners to acquire the academic and employment skills to be college and career ready and to realize their full potential, so individuals, families, and communities can thrive.
Adult education programs include:
- English as Second Language (ESL) for adults who want to learn to speak, read, and write English at all levels
- High School Equivalency (HSE) for adults pursuing their GED or HiSET
- Spanish GED for Spanish speaking adults pursuing their Spanish GED
- Citizenship for immigrants who are preparing for the naturalization test and interview
- Access to Literacy for adults who wish to improve their basic reading, writing, math, or English conversation skills
- Gear Up! for adult education students who want to transition to college, training, or employment. A variety of courses and resources help ESL and GED students improve language, literacy, math, and digital literacy skills while applying their learning to a career field
- Bridge to College
- Integrated Education and Training (IET)
- Career Awareness and Career Exploration
- AE Scholarships
- Digital Literacy for adult education students who are interested in developing basic or strengthening existing technology skills
- Student Support for adult education students who would like additional resources and additional assistance
Adult education programs are made possible by state and federal grants received from the Illinois Community College Board and by the generous support of Triton College.
Requirements to Enroll:
- Must be an Illinois resident
- Provide a picture ID with current address
- Must be at least 16 years old and not enrolled in high school. High School withdrawal form (download PDF).
Classes are not intended for individuals on temporary and student visas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
How to Register and What to Expect