The Education curriculum at Triton College provides students with the opportunity to develop a comprehensive overview of the field of education. At Triton College, students can meet most of the general education requirements for Illinois State Teacher Certification and some of the professional education requirements for certification. The specific type of teaching certification the student is seeking will determine which courses should be completed.
To learn more about careers in education and to plan a program of study, including identifying the teacher preparation program of interest, students are advised to contact the counseling department to be directed to the counselor(s) for education.
Students who intend to transfer are advised to complete the foreign language courses required by their intended transfer institution, college within a university, and/or major, prior to transferring.
- Early Childhood Credential Transfer Pathway - Level IV Degree (Associate in Applied Science - C220A)
- Education Degree (Associate in Arts - U224A13)
- Education Degree (Associate in Arts - U224A13) - Early Childhood Education (Birth to Grade 3/Age 8)
- Education Degree (Associate in Arts - U224A13) - Elementary Education (Grades K through 9)
- Education Degree (Associate in Arts - U224A13) - Secondary Education (Grades 6 - 12)
- Education Degree (Associate in Arts - U224A13) - Special Education (Grades Pre-K through 12)
- Paraprofessional Educator Associate Degree (Associate in Applied Science Degree - C220B)
- Early Childhood Administration & Management Advanced Certificate - C520A
- Early Childhood Career Pathway - Level II Certificate - C420C
- Early Childhood Credential Continuing Pathway - Level III Certificate - C320A
- Infant/Toddler Care Certificate - C420B
- Teacher Aide Certificate - C320C
Mary Ann Olson
(708) 456-0300 Ext. 3762