Experience in automotive technology coupled with the Honda Professional Automotive Career Training (PACT) program is a win-win. This innovative program delivers advanced training, specific to Honda and Acura vehicles.
Master mechanical skills alongside expert faculty. Study advanced systems and component theories. Learn the nuances of Honda technology. From service and repair to maintenance and diagnostics, there’s so much learn and lead the way. And the alternating schedule of classes and paid internships gives you an opportunity to earn some spending money while you learn.
The Automotive Technology degree curriculum provides the student with a working knowledge of automotive repair on today’s high-tech, computerized automobile. Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be able to seek employment as an auto repair technician in a dealership or the aftermarket and can move into advanced automotive opportunities, such as service advising and manufacturer corporate positions. This program is (ASE) Education Foundation certified that maintains high standards in instruction and program aspects.
As an ASE Education Master Automobile Service Technology school, our students complete 1200 hours combined classroom and lab/shop instructional activities.
- AUT 114 Fuel Management Systems
- AUT 127 Automotive Electricity & Electronics I
- AUT 129 Automotive Electricity & Electronics II
- AUT 136 Brake Systems
- AUT 150 Automotive Power Plants
- AUT 226 Engine Performance & Diagnosis
- AUT 230 Computerized Engine Controls
- AUT 240 Steering, Suspension and Alignment
- AUT 275 Manual Transmissions & Drives
- AUT 277 Advanced Automatic Transmission & Repair
- AUT 280 Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning Fundamentals
- AUT 282 Advanced Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning
- AUT 296 Automotive Internship I
- AUT 297 Automotive Internship II
- AUT 298 Automotive Internship III
Dealer Career Opportunities-Honda and Acura Dealerships
Students will earn hands-on experience while completing paid internships at Honda and Acura dealerships.
Triton College's Pact program will assist students in employment at Honda and Acura dealerships.
The Honda PACT program has a schedule that allows our students to work at Honda and Acura dealerships while they're completing their studies.
The wages for internships will vary from dealership to dealership.
4-year Transfer Agreements
- Automotive General Motors/AC- Northern Illinois University
- Automotive Service Department Management-Northern Illinois University
- Automotive Technology, Associate in Applied Science- Northern Illinois University and Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
Honda PACT Chair
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3453
Director, Academic Advising
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3256