Cernan Earth and Space Center
NOTICE: Due to parking lot and road construction on campus, parking directly in front of the Cernan Earth and Space Center will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. Those driving to the Cernan Center will need to enter at the light on Fifth Avenue marked by the green star and park in Lot 6, then make their way to the entrance marked by the yellow star.
Visitors can still be dropped off in front of the Cernan Center, but all traffic must enter from the light on Fifth Avenue.
To see the full campus map and get specific directions to reach the Cernan Earth and Space Center on the Triton College campus, refer to the full campus map by clicking HERE.
NOTE: Please look at the Google calendar above to confirm the days, dates and times that programs are being presented.
How do I purchase tickets for the Cernan Earth and Space Center Planetarium?
- The box office opens 30 minutes before the first public show on that date. (e.g. 630 pm on Saturdays, 915 am on Wednesdays)
- Avoid the last minute rush. Shows occasionally sell out, and we would hate to have to turn you away. Visitors are strongly encouraged to arrive at least 15-20 minutes before the show you want to attend. This gives you time to browse the Star Store and go before the show. (In other words, use the restroom before entering the planetarium. You will enjoy the show more if you do.)
- Reach the Cernan Earth and Space Center from anywhere in Chicagoland using these directions. There is plenty of free parking.
- Do you have a group of ten or more? Interested in having a birthday party or other event under the stars? Ask us about scheduling a private show for your family or group. Visit our website or call 708-456-0300 X-3372 for details.
- NOTE: We do not have advance ticket sales or online purchasing at this time.
Events and Prices are subject to change.
IMPORTANT: This Web page cannot provide last minute changes to our public show schedule, such as weather-related cancelations.
Please call our Program Line at 708-583-3100 for up-to-the-minute information, particularly if you are coming from a distance to see one or more of our shows.
Welcome to the Star Store, located in the Cernan Earth and Space Center in the I-Building. If you live near or plan to visit the Chicago area, you can visit the Cernan Earth and Space Center and its Star Store gift shop in person. The Star Store offers an assortment of unique gifts. Books, t-shirts, sweatshirts, binoculars, science discovery kits, coffee mugs, posters and unique toys are just a few of the many items for sale. Merchandise from the Star Store can also be ordered by telephone during regular business hours.
The above t-shirts are currently available for purchase in the Star Store.
Don’t have time to shop or want to make the shopping experience easy for everyone?
Order prepackaged Souvenir Bags for your group by calling (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3372.
Cernan Center Star Store, Triton College
2000 North Fifth Avenue
River Grove, IL USA 60171
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3408
Star Store Hours
Monday thru Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have specific questions, please call the Cernan Center's Star Store Manager at (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3372 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kris Kovach McCall : Director
Wayne C. Foster : Planetarium Educator
Paige VanSickle : Planetarium Educator
Joyce Edwards-Robertson : Reservationist, Accountant, Office Assistant
Neil Wickman : Planetarium Producer and Programmer
Ramon Flores : Cashier
PART TIME PROGRAM PRESENTERS