Medical Billing and Coding - Classroom (Three-Class Program)
This 200-hour course offered over two semesters is designed for health care professionals, billing professionals, people interested in the business aspect of health care and office managers. This class prepares students for entry-level medical office positions. Students will learn to collect, analyze and manage the information that steers the health care industry. Training will be provided in insurance and medical claims processing in accordance with professional, legal and insurance industry standards. Students become trained as an invaluable part of the health care system. Participants in this program will learn ICD-10-CM coding system. Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to sit for the CBCS (Certified Billing and Coding Certification) through NHA (National Healthcareer Association) or the CCA (Certified Coding Associate) through AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association).
High school diploma or equivalent
Key areas and topics include:
- Fundamentals of Health Information Technology
- Clinical Classification Systems
- Practice Management Program
- CPT Coding
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- ICD-10-CM Coding for Physicians
- Billing in Physician Offices
- Clinical Reimbursement Methodologies
- Legal and Qualitative Aspects of Health Information
- Management of Health Information
FALL 2024 – SPRING 2025
ALL THREE COURSES MUST BE TAKEN IN SEQUENCE (HIT E30 followed by E31 and E32).
Tuition: $1,899* (total for all three courses) (Textbooks not included).
* = Additional college registration and technology fees may apply
Textbooks can be purchased through the Triton College Bookstore.
Upcoming CBCS Certification Dates
- To be Announced
- To register for a future exam, please visit www.nhanow.com.
AHIMA Exam must be taken off campus at a Pearson VUE or PSI Test Center
- To register for a future exam, please visit www.ahima.org.
For more information, please call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3500, or email us.